Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where
you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to
ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then
look to Siemens! Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe,
responsive, and responsible environments - and so, we are creating perfect
places. We’re looking to empower people wanting to tackle the challenges facing
society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you?
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2021.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, advise their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
 Smart Infrastructure
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This position will have an office location in Orlando or Miami Florida with geographic responsibilities and travel throughout surrounding area. Responsible for managing third-party spending on materials, equipment and construction trade subcontractors in support of projects. Directly engages in large projects during the bidding phase to improve Siemens' competitive edge by running the subcontractor solicitations (RFQs and RFPs), bid leveling and negotiations. Works to manage and develop a diverse group of suppliers and subcontractors to support Siemens building automation, security, fire alarm, electrical services and mechanical services businesses. This role is part of the management team for the Miami and Orlando branch operations and has a significant impact on the competitiveness and profitability of the business.
The Field Procurement Manager role is measured on the following activities:
* Cost Reductions - there is a target for percentage of cost savings (pre and post book) achieved through price negotiations, value engineering efforts, and other means.
* Payment Terms - the role requires negotiation of a target percentage of Siemens preferred payment terms.
* Procurement Processes - there are requirements for implementing new tools to enable more efficient and effective procurement.*
* Supplier Management - the role has responsibility for managing relationships with major suppliers and subcontractors including, sourcing, price/contract negotiation and developing new sources
* Internal Customer Satisfaction - key managers are surveyed to determine the service level provided.
* Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or related fields.
* 8-10 total years of experience in commercial construction to including 4 years experience with purchasing electrical installation subcontracts. Purchasing experience to include price solicitation and negotiation for contracts greater than $1 million
* Ability and willingness to travel (30%)
* BS in engineering, engineering technology, business, or construction management or apprenticeship in construction
* Design, estimating or project management experience with building automation, fire alarm, security systems, energy and lighting controls
* Experience working with sales and engineering functions on cost reduction efforts
* Procurement management experience in a large, global corporation
* Construction management and contract negotiation experience Orlando and Miami area a plus
* Experience with developing a diverse supply base to meet customer expectations for minority-owned and woman-owned business participation
*SAP or other Enterprise Resource Planning system experience
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
* Competitive salary based on qualifications
* Health, dental, and vision plans with options
* Matching 401(k)
* Flex time off , holidays, and floating holidays
* Paid parental leave
* Company cell phone and laptop
* Extensive product training and professional career development
* Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.