What part will you play?
- You are responsible for firmware development for programmable logic controllers (PLC), mainly for ET 200 peripheral modules. Your task is to design, specify and implement the firmware to be developed.
- You create feature specifications and firmware design and implement the firmware components in the relevant programming languages.
- You define the firmware architecture and create a solution design. To do this, you coordinate with internal and external partners.
- Our customers are your top priority. You analyse customer requirements and independently carry out firmware development tasks for electronic components. You create and evaluate solution concepts for the firmware components to be developed.
- You keep a constant eye on the development progress. You coordinate and carry out tests to ensure the desired development results.
- Finally, you put the firmware components into operation on the target hardware, test and optimise them.
- The basis of your success is a degree in computer engineering, automation technology, electrical engineering, information technology or similar.
- You have several years of professional experience in hardware-related software development using one of the following programming languages C, C++, Python
- You have experience in embedded software development on microcontrollers for real-time applications as well as in system analysis, architecture and design.
- You have knowledge of modern software development methods (Clean Code, Test Driven Development, Unit Tests)
- You are familiar with the use of PC-based development tools (Eclipse, debuggers, simulators).
- If you already have basic knowledge of the function of field buses, programmable logic controllers and their programming, you are our ideal candidate
- Experience in working with edge computing architectures (distributed data processing, dealing with volatile connections etc.) is also a plus
- You can adapt quickly to new situations and find a dynamic environment appealing and challenging.
- Your way of working is characterised by independence, but you still value the exchange with the team
- you are used to presenting your work results and communicating confidently in German and English
www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds - if you would like to find out more about Digital Minds at Siemens.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time