As the Customer Services Maintenance Manager (East Cost Mainline - ECML), you will be responsible for ensuring that the maintenance support contract(s), and all associated works, are delivered in a timely fashion, and in line with the relevant health, safety, environmental and contractual requirements (including financial budgets). Initially, you will be involved with the ongoing maintenance support discussions and workshops required to successfully negotiate each of the maintenance contracts. You will act as the primary interface to the client(s) and will be responsible for coordinating the service delivery in line with the Customer Services model, ensuring key functions such as engineering, project management, R&D and manufacturing teams work collaboratively to achieve the overall business objectives. You will work closely with our Customer Service Account Managers to ensure delivery of exceptional customer service.
The role will require development, implementation and continuous improvement of key processes and procedures, effective resource management across different teams within Customer Services, as well as the wider Rail Infrastructure business, coordination of internal and external stakeholders, as well as developing customer and industry partner relationships.
The role location will be initially based in Chippenham to support the bid effort however flexible working will be considered. The initial period is likely to be up to two years after which the location will be dependent upon contractual requirements and business needs but is likely to be located at fixed maintenance facility on the ECML infrastructure. The role will include the requirement to undertake duties outside of core working hours as leader of, and occasionally as part of, an on-site roster delivering support 24/7 365 days a year.
- Manage resource allocation to deliver all contractual requirements, including facilitating resolution of any general requests and technical issues, to the client's satisfaction
- Developing and managing technical teams across multiple locations to deliver key business objectives, including 24/7 365 operations at Romford ROC.
- Work with engineering management to develop engineering organisational capability using all HR processes, procedures and tools including Recruitment, Competence Management, Performance Management, Talent Management, Development plans and Succession planning.
- Continuous management, monitoring, development, and improvement of processes to ensure consistent and successful maintenance service delivery
- Support the Account Manager with identification, development, and delivery of opportunities to increase project revenue through customer variation orders and supporting bids for new contracts.
- Actively prepare for and participate in customer meetings, taking the lead in service and maintenance areas and activities. This would include production of reports, KPIs, studies, recommendations, and update on contract status.
- Working with engineering, materials, and supply chain management to continually assess and ensure that the Customer Services team can provide support for all legacy and new products and systems including resolution of obsolescence issues.
- Be self-driven to enhance own capabilities to meet and sustain competencies, and any other customer driven accreditation, to customer requirements
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Demonstrable experience in Maintenance Management, Service Management or Engineering
- Minimum of HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline OR equivalent industry experience
- Proven ability to be able to extract and understand contract conditions and requirements and implement them including those of a technical nature
- Proven ability to build and maintain productive relationships with customers, external partners, and internal colleagues at all levels
- Team and People Management Skills
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple and changing demands
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Hold, or be working towards an IRSE license
- Knowledge of railway systems, technologies or other related safety critical systems is preferred
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time