Siemens is looking for a Project Engineer, to be hired with a permanent contract, for its premises in Milan. The successful candidate will be in charge of ensuring the technical integrity of the project including compliance with the project scope, project specifications, powerful engineering practices.
As Project Engineer you will be responsible for large projects, and performs the work in collaboration with Project Manager.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most sophisticated engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide. Working with us, you get the perfect conditions to develop both personally and professionally.
What will you handle in the short term?
- Coordinate the engineering activity on projects solutions for a global business unit that can include electrical substations, PV parks, energy storage systems, ship to shore connections and EV charging stations for eBus;
- Develop sophisticated material specification, schematics preparation and follow-up to ensure accurate and effective process;
- Perform sophisticated design, development, participate to testing phase of main equipment supplied by Siemens factories or Third Party suppliers and whenever required, the follow-up of site installation participating to the plant commissioning phase;
- Lead explanations and clarifies information to enable accurate interpretation and evaluation of sophisticated technical specifications, performance characteristics or other technical data;
- Complete recommendations for complex new designs, new processes, or design changes to meet project requirements;
- Lead project planning and customer/marketing support for major engineering areas;
- Preempt potential problems and provide effective solutions in reaction to application of concepts, techniques, knowledge;
- Display a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or multi-functional problems;
- Handle internal/external contacts;
- Perform special assignments and provides technical advice in area of expertise.
And what about the medium-long term?
- Exercise operational supervision over other project engineers;
- Develop team members through mentoring and coaching in complex subjects.
Who are we looking for?A candidate with the following features:
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge in field of electro-technical specialization and multiple fields to the successful completion of sophisticated assignments.
- Proven experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities with deep knowledge of MV switchgear technology with protection and control systems, Power Center/ Motor Control Center switchgear, Power Transformers, BusBar trunking; knowledge of Generators Circuit Breakers/PV Inverters/Energy Storage Systems or e-Bus charges and ancillary systems will be considered a plus;
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Advanced degree may be substituted by experience, where applicable;
- Previous experience in collaborating with Supply Chain for input on vendor documentation, bids and proposals evaluations, materials and equipment;
- Good organizational skills to respond to multiple inquiries in a timely and professional manner, attention to detail with a strong focus on time and task management, capable of handling large orders and tasks in parallel and in lead position;
- Acts as advisor to top management and business partners on advanced technical matters;
- Available to trips to Siemens and Third Party factories in order to assist during the factory acceptance tests;
- Good knowledge of English and Italian, both written and spoken;
- Strong orientation to reach the targets and to customer happiness, initiative, autonomy and propensity to work in team.
What can we further offer?
- A flexible way of working: Smartworking;
- Activities’ organization guided by performance, where the achievement of objectives and the entrepreneurial spirit are rewarded;
- An environment where curiosity is highly appreciated and where we guarantee a continuous training and support;
- Flexible Welfare programs and Health Insurance that can be extended to your family;
- Shareholding plans for the employee;
- Professional and extraprofessional accident insurance;
- Meal totally paid by the company;
- Company’ s Personal Computer, Software and Smartphone.
What else do you have to know?
Siemens pays much attention to Diversity, thus welcoming applications which reflects this value, and guarantees equal opportunities.
We look forward to receiving an online application in response to this job offer. Only applications sent via the system and in English will be considered. Please upload your CV in English and an accompanying letter would be appreciated.Contacts
For any questions you can contact:
Siemens S.p.A.Human Resources - Talent Acquisition
Via Privata Vipiteno, 4, 20128 Milanrecruiting.firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.p.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time