Senior Mechanical Engineer (Tooling and Molding experience)
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Senior Mechanical Engineer
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Senior Mechanical Engineer.
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer with a molding and tool design background in the design and manufacturing of Medical Device Instruments. As part of the Engineering team, you will be driving projects on complex medical device instruments including immunoassay, chemistry, and hematology to serve the needs of laboratories of any size – today and tomorrow.
The role requires an experienced mechanical engineer who can solve problems, enhance designs, provides solutions and is a team player. The successful candidate will work on multiple sub-assemblies, these assemblies include various parts made from different resins and materials that are casted (sand, die) or injection molded. The candidate we are looking for is to have the ability to work with engineers, procurement, and vendors in designing new parts and improving the process of existing consumables or mechanical parts, recognising problems and finding solutions.
The Skill set we are looking for
- Has excellent knowledge of the design of tooling for injection molded or casted parts.
- Has material science background understanding the complexity of molding in achieving a consistent product all the time.
- Understands how to complete DOE’s to enhance processes and improve quality.
- Can complete a mold flow analysis identifying potential problems or weaknesses in a vendor’s tool design.
- Someone who can problem solve to a solution, with a structured approach including, using the team, complete all associated planning and design validation activity required to achieve an outcome.
- Has excellent knowledge of materials resins, plastics and metals and understand how parts can be manufactured and assembled using DFM principals.
- Experienced CAD designer who has good PLM system knowledge, Siemens NX / Teamcenter would be an advantage. Has experience of GDT and applicable standards would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of the validation of design changes.
- Provides technical support to solving manufacturing or customer complaints.
- Participate in the continuous development of the quality system, including standard operating procedures (SOP's), workflow development, product and process validations coupled with the ability to write concise technical reports.
- Practical experience of supplier or manufacturing fabrication processes is desirable.
- Work across technologies integrating with fluidics, electronics, optics and software.
The personality we are looking for
- An excellent team player knows how to work in a team environment.
- Excellent communications skills - written and verbal skills are required.
- Ability to work across multiple functions procurement, customer service etc.
- Someone who shows initiative and is creative.
- Utilises their knowledge and skill set to get the job done with pace.
- Can mentor and guide other engineers.
Required for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical discipline (Mechanical / Mechatronic, Engineering) with 8 years relevant engineering experience in molding.
- Bachelor’s degree in alternative disciplines will be considered if balanced by relevant engineering experience.
- Very Strong Mechanical / Electromechanical / systems design skills for both products and manufacturing fixtures.
- Structured analysis skills with experience in complex technical trouble shooting
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally. We have an excellent benefits package for the right candidate.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Manufacturing Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time