Senior Electronic Software Engineer
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Senior Mechanical Engineer
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Senior Electronic Software Engineer.
We are looking for a Senior Electronic / Electrical Engineer with a good software background for the design and manufacturing of Medical Device Instruments. As part of the Engineering team you will be working on complex medical device instruments including immunoassay, chemistry, and hematology to serve the needs of laboratories of any size – today and tomorrow.
The role requires an experienced engineer who can solve problems, enhance designs and is a team player. The successful candidate will work on multiple electronic sub-assemblies that for example, aspirate patient samples, complete mixing operations, store reagent and complete all handling operations of samples around different parts of the instrument. The incumbent must have micro controller programming experience and be able to integrate into CAN system.
The Skill set we are looking for
- Someone who can problem solve to a solution, with a structured approach including, using the team, complete all associated planning and design validation activity required to achieve an outcome.
- Has excellent knowledge of electrical and electronics systems both digital and analog.
- Some design and CAD experience (Mentor Graphics) etc. is an advantage.
- Has CAN Open or another CAN protocol experience.
- Excellent C programming skills at microcontroller level.
- Software skills to be able to integrate into a higher-level systems software.
- Motion control, motor tuning, encoders, servo motors, stepper drives.
- Real time systems experience and can integrate sub-assemblies into a system via CAN.
- Participate in the continuous development of the quality system, including standard operating procedures (SOP's), workflow development, product and process validations coupled with the ability to write concise technical reports.
- Practical experience of pcb supplier or manufacturing fabrication processes is desirable.
- Work across technologies integrating with fluidics, electronics, optics and software.
The personality we are looking for
- An excellent team player knows how to work in a team environment.
- Excellent communications skills - written and verbal skills are required.
- Ability to work across multiple functions procurement, customer service etc.
- Someone who shows initiative and is creative.
- Utilises their knowledge and skill set to get the job done with pace.
- Can mentor and guide other engineers.
Required for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical discipline (Electronics / Software / Electrical / Mechatronic, Engineering) with 8 years relevant engineering experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in alternative disciplines will be considered if balanced by relevant engineering experience.
- Very Strong Mechanical / Electromechanical / systems design skills for both products and manufacturing fixtures, knows how systems work.
- Structured analysis skills with experience in complex technical trouble shooting
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Manufacturing Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time