The Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) organization intelligently connects energy systems, buildings, and industries with a wide range of applications that revolutionize the way we live and work.
By joining energy systems—from the intelligent control across the grid to medium-voltage distribution system, through a broad range of low-voltage and control products, to the point of consumption—with a broad portfolio of building technology, SI provides customers with a comprehensive, end-to-end portfolio that intuitively responds to their needs. This strategic approach provides huge data that enables better performance at a lower cost while broadening the utilization of existing assets. With digitalization transforming the very infrastructure that supports our world, SI is committed to electrification and automation, as well as other exciting markets such as prosumption, electric vehicle infrastructure, energy storage, and microgrids.
The Digital Grid Business Unit covers comprehensive solutions ranging from software to automation needed to construct the smart grids of today. We ensure reliable, secure, affordable energy supply in a decentralizing, decarbonizing, digitalizing and all-electrifying energy world. Electrical energy makes the world go round. No matter where power comes from or where it has to go, we make sure it makes it’s way – every step of the way!
Siemens Digital Grid – Ahead of the Challenge – Ahead of the Change!
If you are looking for a career that will contribute to shaping the future of tomorrow, that will impact the sustainability of the energy industry, with work side by side the brightest minds in the industry let’s talk!
Scope of the Position:
The Digital Grid Business Unit – Grid Simulation Software Sales Account Manager will establish and lead the sales initiatives to grow the business with new client acquisition and existing client spend expansion through sales of software solutions, strategic services and educational opportunities focusing on the electric power consultants, developers, EPC and Independent Power Producers (IPP) across the US. This role is responsible for delivering on a quarterly basis bookings number across the portfolio of products and solutions contained within the Grid Simulation Software business segment including but not limited to: PSS®E, PSS®ODMS, PSS®SINCAL, Network Model Management and Electrical Digital Twin solutions.
The Account Manager can live anywhere in the US with access to a major airport.
- Meet or exceed orders booked and gross margin targets in the territory.
- Organize and lead virtual teams across multiple Digital Grid product lines to respond to customer requests for complex system solutions.
- Collaborate and communicate with Siemens Energy front end sales and the Technical Sales resources in other Digital Grid Business Units to open sales channels, increase sale and break in to underpenetrated accounts.
- Develop and execute the strategic plan of operations for bookings in the territory and present the sales pipeline and forecast to executive management on a bi-weekly basis.
- Develop specific territory and opportunity capture plans, critical to success in this role.
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations, and proficiently demonstrate complex software solutions to clients by leading the capture team and demo teams.
- Work with proposal managers and the extended proposal team to develop customer specific proposals and lead the risk review process (LOA) to Siemens management.
- Contribute to marketing activities including development of marketing material for presentation to customers, and participate in key trade show activities applicable to the market/territory.
- Support the management team by providing insights into market dynamics, and strategic actions being used to effectively close target opportunities.
- Lead strategy and market penetration efforts for new and innovative solutions based on the regional customer’s specific needs.
- Develop annual key account plans for top volume and growth customers in the region to be presented to executive management.
- Understand specific customer needs and guide towards a solution which best supports their unique objectives.
- Support initiatives focused around the growth of emergent solutions both internally to Siemens and externally to customer organizations – Including but not limited to Digital Twin, Software as a Service, etc.
Qualifications & Expectations:
- 2+ years of business experience with responsibilities for consultative sales to EPCs, developers, IPP.
- Proven track record of account management including accurate sales forecast, sales process management, and successful attainment of quota across multiple product/service lines.
- Demonstrated experience with diverse sales channels - direct, indirect, and diverse sales processes – professional service and software solution sales in large matrix organizations.
- Demonstrated negotiating skills, conflict management skills, sense of accountability, and the ability to work though others.
- Ability to strategize and demonstrate creative problem solving to overcome customer challenges and support job responsibilities.
- Persuasive presentation and effective communication skills--both verbal and written.
- Willingness and ability to travel 50% of the time.
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision, and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.