Are you passionate about solving some of the world's most pressing challenges and making buildings smarter, more efficient, and more productive? Come work with a company that is interested in developing your career path within a global technology powerhouse which empowers employee creativity to change, challenge, and influence our business and customer relationships!
We believe this might be the career for you!
SIEMENS Smart Infrastructure is seeking a confident and self-motivated Sales Administrative professional to help grow Detroit Michigan Branch Using your technical and financial expertise, along with your critical thinking and influencing skills, you will help tailor our customer’s needs into winning solutions, whether it’s in the new construction market or direct end-user service market.
Under limited supervision, provides general administrative/secretarial support to a department or group of professionals.
Here is what we can offer you: this position will have the benefit of the former holder of this position fully trained the new hire into this position. We also offer full Health/Life/Vision & Dental benefits, a company matching 401K, company stock based profit sharing, generous paid time off & company holidays, and this position is salaried but is also overtime eligible.Responsibilities
- Requires regular use of business vocabulary and a detailed knowledge of company operations, organizational procedures and personnel. Makes independent decisions regarding planning, organizing and scheduling of work within established guidelines. May handle confidential materials and matters.
- Prepares and types drafts, articles, reports, proposals, charts, and a variety of routine correspondence using appropriate PC-based software packages for word processing, presentation, database and spreadsheet applications. Proofreads and edits drafts and final materials for appropriate and consistent format. Corrects punctuation, spelling and grammar. Compiles and analyzes information for inclusion in reports or presentation materials, prepares charts, graphs, and tables as vital. Receives and responds to routine correspondence following established procedures with management review. Receives, screens, and routes incoming telephone calls, furnishes information when possible, and conveys messages to appropriate personnel; place calls, receive visitors, arrange appointments and maintain a calendar.
- Coordinates department record keeping system and/or maintain various department records files in accordance with company policies and procedures. Reviews requests for information and determines the appropriateness of release. Carries out special projects and assignments as requested; compiles, analyzes, and prepares data for administrative reports and presentations. Will be responsible for all new employee onboarding tasks.
- Schedules conferences, meetings and appointments; notifies attendees and makes vital arrangements. Arrange and confirm travel reservations selecting an economical and time efficient mode of transportation and lodging. Receives and distributes incoming mail, assemble correspondence for mailing, receive and transmit material using fax machine and collating and assembling documents. Supervises inventory levels of office and departmental supplies, initiate purchase orders as vital to maintain accurate inventory or meet department office supply needs.
- Assists Branch Managers and Sales Managers in Commercial Sales (C-Sales) Clean up and modifies C-Sales bookings. Also take the roles of Area Office Administrator / IT Facilitator/ Facilities Maintenance/Licensing
- Logistics, Marketing and Event planning and be the SAP HR Administrator/ Local Role Approver. Compliance & Contract Administration / Sales along with Customer and Employee Training Coordinator and Sales
- Vendor Supplier negotiations / Reduction of BOE Expenses. Microsoft Suite/ SAP/Visio/Adobe/Salesforce.com/CRM/Turbo Tracker
- We also will have this positon provide similar services to the smaller Grand Rapids office
- High School degree or equivalent required. Vocational training or some college preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of administrative experience is required.
- Proven experience in Microsoft Office tools.
- Must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and must not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Previous Sales Administration experience preferred.
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, marital status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.