Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 60,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Commercial Project Manager.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Commercial
Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- • Assist the Project Manager, with professional diligence, in managing and optimizing targeted financial outcomes
- • Proactively address the legal, tax and commercial concerns of complex new construction and renovation/ maintenance projects together with internal (accounting, tax, legal, internal customers, etc.) and external contact persons
- • You support the operational business as well as the Real Estate organization in the preparation, calculation and validation of real estate business cases / project financials for Investment Applications, including feasibility assessments, options comparisons, etc.
- • In addition, you are responsible for project-specific cost controlling with target / actual comparisons and analyzes as well as that monthly project reporting (capex, expenses), as well as preparation of forecasts and validation of forecast assumptions coming from the project team
- • Interface with accounting to define accounting treatment of projects and ensure consistent implementation of guidance
- • Together with the technical project manager, you are responsible for supply chain management (SCM) processes, including adherence to company procurement policies, preparation of tenders, negotiation, contract strategy, as well as that claim management for construction contracts
- • Ensure the review and evaluation of the contract terms and conditions including all annexes and the review by the Legal Department
- • In addition, you implement globally-defined standards for commercial project management, including reporting requirements, risk & opportunity management, and actively exchange good practices / lessons learned with the global commercial project manager community
- • Ensure compliance with Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines and IFRS requirements
- • Ensures compliance with defined approval levels, internal controls and ICFR regulations in conjunction with the Project Manager
- • Within the scope of your responsibility, guide other colleagues and external partners regarding project financial matters
- • Other project-related financial tasks as required by local or global management.
You are the right person for this position if you are interested in the financial management of corporate real estate projects, and have the following qualifications.
- • 7+ years of professional experience, thereof at least 3 years in accounting with relevance to Corporate Real Estate, real estate development, construction management, or construction-related project management
- • Solid accounting knowledge, with understanding of concepts related to real estate projects; fundamental understanding of forecast, planning and analysis processes
- • Preference for candidates with experience with construction of healthcare facilities, such as hospitals and imaging centers
- · A degree in accounting or related field, advanced degree / CPA / PMP or other relevant certification a plus
- · Experience with construction estimation methodologies preferred
- • Proficient use of SAP and Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- • You have a strong quality orientation, are able to work independently as well as in a team, and work in a structured, organized way
- • Flexible and dedicated to go the extra mile during peak periods
- • Strong critical thinking ability to support risk and opportunity identification, contribute toward mitigation planning
- • You are able to perform effectively both remotely and able to work from (or travel to) our site in Malvern, PA and travel to other locations as required.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for all new hires by their start date.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.