Job Description: Cloud DevOps Engineer
Together we make the difference
Siemens Mobility is an independent managed company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services.
The Information Technology (IT) department has the global responsibility for the internal IT of Siemens Mobility. Its goal is to provide a robust and efficient IT landscape derived from business and market demands.
Your personality and individuality make the difference. In our team, we increase business performance and point the way into the digital age.
Is that exactly your thing? Then live your passion in a cross-location team in which you can actively shape the future of our company. You open up new possibilities for our customers with your competence. Connected with this is an exciting career path that leads you to ever new projects and solutions in the field of IT for Siemens Mobility.
Here's where you make the difference
- In your new role as “Cloud DevOps Engineer (f/m/d)” you will be responsible for the implementation of our IT Infrastructure Cloud Solutions and Services globally.
- Manage application and data integration platforms using AWS/Azure Cloud Components
- Use systems for managing development including Jira, Confluence, Git, and BitBucket, GitLab
- Contribute to the architecture and design as we migrate on-premise applications to a cloud environment
- Work on business applications cloud migration activities like requirements gathering, solution design, service request fulfilment, incidents resolution and root cause analysis and implementing automated solutions.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines.
- Consulting on application and cloud infrastructure architecture and security measures for projects moving workloads to the cloud
- Work with business and technology teams to define scalable, cloud-native solutions for application delivery.
- Provide detailed, high-quality communication and documentation.
What do I bring with me?
- 5+ years of experience in designing, building and supporting multi-regional IaaS/PaaS solutions on Amazon AWS and/or Azure
- Professional experience with DevOps concepts, code deployment processes, microservices, serverless architectures
- Excellent scripting and automation skills
- Experience with multi-team, collaborative software development including source control and collaborative design and code reviews (Git, BitBucket, IDE’s, etc.)
- Strong experience in designing and writing CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or GitHub
- Experience of Amazon cloud (AWS)– S3, EC2, RDS, Lambda, DMS, Glue, CloudWatch, SNS and other AWS services.
- Experience using GitHub, Bit Bucket, Terraform or other code repository solution
- Solid experience in IT infrastructure services in large global enterprises
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or IT
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort presenting to both large and small audiences
- Experience in the management of service providers
- Ability to drive change
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
- Competitive compensation
- An opportunity to craft the future of autonomous systems
- Extraordinary researchers and engineers as team members
- We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time