Ultrasound of Siemens Medical Solutions USA is seeking a self-driven and highly motivated staff software engineer to be an integral part of our Applications Platform team.
The team is part of the Software Department located in Issaquah, WA facility.
The Staff Software Engineer will report to Sr. Software Manager and work to bring ultrasound innovations and applications to market. The primary responsibility of this role is to lead the rapid development of software frameworks and applications into product as an individual or as part of a global team. Our mission is to be leaders in ultrasound by rapidly translating innovations into product that advance clinical care and create business value.
• Software Design Specifications – Write and review design specifications for new product features.
• Development of Medical Applications - Design, implement, review, test and verify Ultrasound medical applications.
• Requirements Reviews - Participate in reviews of requirement specifications to ensure feasibility.
• Peer Reviews - Conduct and participate in peer reviews to ensure product quality.
• Report Status - Regularly update management on progress and delays encountered during development.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field required. Master’s degree a plus.
• 10+ years of software development experience preferably in a medical device or other regulated product development organization.
• Excellent understanding of application programming and experience using .NET, WCF, C# and C++ is required.
• Exceptional knowledge and proven experience with Object Oriented design and development.
• Intimate understanding of Agile software lifecycles and sound software engineering practices. The ideal candidate will have worked on all phases of a product from concept to delivery. Experience with TFS a plus.
• Ability to convey ideas and concepts to a wide range of audiences.
• Able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment to produce optimal results.
• Strong analytic and decision-making skills.
• Strong quality orientation and customer focus.