Agile Transformation Lead & Scrum Master
Founded in 2012, Comfy | Enlighted is a Siemens-owned business on a mission to connect employees to the people, places, and things they need to do their best work. Our SaaS platform combines building intelligence, space analytics, and a consumer-grade mobile app technology to improve the workplace experience for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, our fast-growing team balances the dynamic energy of a small company with the backing of a global powerhouse.
We are seeking a passionate and enthusiastic Agile Transformation Lead & Scrum Master to join the software team at Siemens. Whether you want to work on some of the world’s largest Industrial IOT systems, leverage cutting edge AWS technologies, streamline content delivery to end-users globally, build an awesome user experience, or just code to solve some of the hardest software problems, you will love working at Siemens. Come join our startup culture and participate first-hand in designing the next generation of computing.
Work with cross-functional teams to develop and commercialize applications, and define cloud deployment and development processes leveraged across Siemens business segments.
This position makes significant contributions towards the SDLC and DevSecOps agile processes used to deliver best-in-class cloud based microservice applications. You will be responsible for ensuring agile-based scrum processes are defined, adhered-to, and continually improved throughout the team. You will be a key participant in the adoption of best practices, efficient processes, and organizational culture as we continue to improve our full stack software development, DevSecOps and CI/CD approach. You will collaborate across multiple locations and interface with our firmware and hardware teams.
The primary function of this job is to provide process definition and management. In this role, you will work closely with product owners, team participants, management, and other organizations to define, deploy, and optimize our agile/scrum-based processes across multiple locations. These processes must be a key enabler for innovation, efficiency, repeatability, and compliance to standards such as CMII, ISO, and SEI.
What will you do?
- Define, deploy, and optimize agile scrum processes
- Guide and mentor agile scrum teams
- Enable SDLC and DevSecOps best practices and compliant processes
- Participate in assigned team’s agile scrum processes
- Create and report on KPIs that serve to eliminate waste and inform on capacity
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Engineering, IT, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, (or lower qualification with relevant work experience).
- 5+ years of agile/scrum experience.
- First level Scrum Master certification (PSM I, CSM).
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the scrum approach.
- The ability to distinguish between what "is scrum" what is "not scrum".
- SCM and code deployment tools.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
It is highly desirable that you possess one or more of the following:
- 4+ years of software development experience.
- Second or Third level Scrum Master certification (PSM II, PSM III, CSP, CTC)
- First level Product Owner certification (PSPO I, etc.).
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team.
- Experience being on multiple scrum teams in a variety of different contexts; different team sizes; different organizations; different cultures; co-located vs. distributed.
- Track record of continued and recent education in scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, and self-study.
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure, Atlassian tool suite, code deployment tools, development tools & workflow processes
US Applicants! This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Our Benefits Include
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience :)
- Competitive salaries
- Frequent team events (costumes optional)
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse, Siemens
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy | Enlighted, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.