Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as SR Biochemist
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a SR Biochemist, you will be responsible for:
- Lead role in assay development projects from conception (sourcing raw materials) to completion (transfer to manufacturing and commercialization). Is responsible for overall success of the project.
- Deliver well-characterized and robust processes to Manufacturing.
- Conduct extensive lab work designing and executing experiments and analyzing resultant data.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems.
- Successfully define workflows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness.
- May develop departmental budgets and business plans for functional area.
- Identifies resource needs and may develop justification.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- Strong experience in developing in vitro diagnostic assays.
- Broad chemistry/biochemistry knowledge of buffer systems, enzymes, surfactants, preservatives, particle surface chemistry, statistical analysis, design of experiments and six sigma techniques.
- Effective teamwork, networking, and ability to take initiative
- Must be hands-on, willing to perform laboratory experiments to execute to plan.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Advanced Degree in Biochemistry or Chemistry, or related scientific discipline, Ph.D. strongly desired.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of relevant industry experience in Life Sciences, Medical Devices, or Diagnostics.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, teamwork, and ability to take initiative.
- Appreciation of process quality and specifications as a requirement for manufacturing
- Demonstrates understanding and application of supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.