Technical Documentation Specialist - Technical Writer
Founded in 2012, Comfy | Enlighted is a Siemens-owned business on a mission to connect employees to the people, places, and things they need to do their best work. Our SaaS platform combines building intelligence, space analytics, and a consumer-grade mobile app technology to improve the workplace experience for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, our fast-growing team balances the dynamic energy of a small company with the backing of a global powerhouse.
You may have noticed major changes taking place around how companies and their employees use physical spaces moving forward. Hybrid working models will become the standard, office spaces will get smaller and more flexible, and there will be a greater focus on in-person collaborative space.
And any time there is a seismic shift in an industry like this, there are a ton of new problems to solve and opportunities to create meaningful solutions. Building Robotics, Inc. is at the center of this “new normal,” with the backing of our parent company Siemens, and working with Fortune 500 companies around the world.
We are looking for a Technical Documentation Specialist to join our engineering team to help us document all our technical processes, systems and products so that we can ramp up and onboard new engineers effectively, through clear, concise, and informative documentation.
What You Will Do
The Documentation Specialist is responsible for the writing, distribution, collection, storage, and maintenance of documentation, optimizing the efficiency of the system already in place, ensuring that all documentation is accurate and stored securely, and is accessible to the correct stakeholders within the organization.
This is not a conventional technical writer role, since the target audience is members of the engineering team, so accuracy, a high level of detail and delivery to timelines is paramount.
- Creating documentation and release notes before distributing throughout the company to appropriate stakeholders
- Working closely with Agile Leads and Scrum Masters to document our agile processes dynamically as they develop
- Working closely with colleagues across other departments to ensure that impacted stakeholders are reviewing and signing off on documentation prior to distribution, and that everyone is completing and submitting the necessary documentation
- Acting as a point of contact for retrieval of specific documentation as required
- Analysis of data and compilation of reports related to documentation
- Deal with storage, folder organization, and access of documentation and data protection
- Training of colleagues on the documentation
- Revising outdated documents and ensuring that all staff are using the correct version
- Minimum 5 - 8 years of experience as a technical writer, product management, project manager, or other related experience
- Experience collaborating with Engineers and Scrum Masters
- Strong communication skills, including verbal, written, and presentation
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex concepts
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption
- Excellent project management and time management skills, detail-oriented and process-driven
- Passionate, entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment
US Candidates: This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Our Benefits Include
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience :)
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events (costumes optional)
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse, Siemens
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy | Enlighted, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Building Robotics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.