Commissioning Engineer - Engineer in Training (EIT)
With more than 6,000 employees at Siemens Mexico, it is considered one of the leading countries in Siemens due to its growth potential.
Siemens Mexico is also responsible for business development in five other countries in Mesoamerica: Guatemala, Costa Rica, Panama, the Dominican Republic and El Salvador, and has a privileged geographical position between North America and South America.
With the goal of becoming a key partner for Mexico's technological progress, Siemens works to maximize the potential of the country infrastructure, and is in a position to guarantee a reliable energy supply in Mexico. New, highly efficient power plants are being built, while the necessary modernization measures are being taken to update the older plants.
The Commissioning Engineer (EIT) will be involved in the configuration, factory and site tests systems for electrical substations. This will combines comprehensive coursework and hands-on training at Siemens facilities in factory. You will also experience on-the-job training as a member of one of our field teams that work at electrical substations across the Mexico.
You will work directly with our leading staff of engineers developing skills that include:
• Configuration of all devices in the assigned project according to the engineer details.
• Manage the different automation software used for electrical substations.
• Project management.
• Siemens business systems and values.
• Support performing specialized testing during all commissioning phases of project, Factory and Site.
• Analyzing equipment operation
• Participants are full-time employees.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Minimum high school diploma in Electricity or Control
• Strong electronics and computer background needed.
• Desirable use of tools and service test equipment.
• Able to work both individually and in an established team setting.
• Ability to think and act in a logical and methodical way.
• Self-starter with strong commitment in task assigned.
• Able to interface with customers in a positive and professional manner.
• Advanced level of English