Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents. Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Today, we are recruiting for the Project Planner Engineer position to Join our Project Team in Saudi Arabia. This is an excellent career opportunity candidates looking to join a truly international team.
What are my responsibilities?
- Updating overall plan (using Primavera & MS Project) for execution & lease on detailed program, program preparation, monitor program duration and outputs, taking corrective actions.
- Coordinating and resolved long term and short-term planning and scheduling issues, risks, and concerns with personnel throughout within the team and with contractor organizations. Acted as technical consultant when required.
- Developing project schedule for metro stations (Elevated, Grade, shallow Underground and deep underground) with help of L3 summarized schedule into L4 detail schedule to control at site level for all lots i.e. Rail Electrification, Signaling and Communication, Rolling stock, Platform screen doors and depot workshop equipment
- Application of EVM i.e. L3-L4 progress template using physical quantities in project progress calculations, invoicing calculations and forecasting
- Updating equipment / material quantities in L3-L4 progress template with help of TS approved drawings
- Initiated Site surveys and visits and planned the activities in the sites to streamline the works which will not affect the target date to achieve the contractual dates.
- Monitoring and maintaining daily progress report for the project Tracking & Monitoring the progress and analysis.
- Updating the S-curves to view delays for smooth execution of the project.
- Preparing look ahead schedule as per Client/company requirement.
- Attending meetings with Client, Consultant, and Vendors & Contractors and follow-up all the action points in MOM to smooth execution to achieve project target.
- Ensuring that the Construction Planning Team maintains the baseline and current schedule and updates fully in accordance with Project requirements.
- Application of TILOS & EVM in project progress calculations and forecasting.
- Working with BACS consortium checking project interfaces and concerns further follow up actions to close issues.
- Prepares and manages overall master project schedule integrating the project Work Breakdown Structure
- Using effective communication, coordinating multiple subcontractors and Site Managers and incorporate the information gathered into the overall project master schedule.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant working experience. Preferably in railway projects and installation for various subsystems.
- Bachelor's / Master's Degree in Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering.
- Strong project management skills, experienced in TILOS and Primavera P6.
- Team Player, Self-Starter, Goal-Output oriented.
- Preferably with Certification as Scheduling Professional by the Project Management Institute (PMI) or/and with other equally globally recognized Professional institution.
- Nice to have experience in the following projects:
- Rail and metro
- Bridges and building structures
- Highways and infrastructure
- Project Management
- Planning and Project Controls
- Quantity Surveying, Contract Administration
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Branch KSA
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time