Mendix is a low-code app development platform:
First, what is low-code? Low-code is a visual approach to software development that enables you to abstract and automate every step of the application lifecycle. Gartner predicts that “by 2024, low-code application development will be responsible for more than 65% of application development activity.” Mendix is repeatedly ranked a Leader in analyst reports from Gartner and Forrester. In the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant for Multiexperience Development Platforms, Mendix placed at the very top of the Leaders quadrant.
Mendix, the global leader in enterprise low-code, was created to promote collaboration between Business & IT teams. Thousands of forward-thinking companies around the world like Ford Auto, Rabobank Netherlands, Zurich Insurance, and Red Bull, can unleash their best ideas faster with the help of the Mendix Platform.
Mendix is a Siemens Business:
Siemens is a Top 10 Global Software Company and a leader on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World! With the acquisition of Mendix in 2018, Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enhance the digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics meet the future of innovation. Mendix employees have the opportunity to work in a hyper-growth environment with the support of Siemens’ unbeatable market position and resources.
While we live on different continents and work on different things, we are one team with a shared mission and set of values. We are passionate and strive for new heights, professionally and personally. We value hard work, accountability, and results. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun.
We are looking for a Service Delivery Manager with hands-on experience in providing high-quality services in the enterprise software industry who can further develop the Expert Services team and who can support our consultants with their day to day activities.
Mendix has a fast-growing customer network and our Expert Services team plays an important role in driving adoption on our Low Code, Cloud-based and Agile development platform to develop multiple web- and mobile apps. You will oversee multiple client implementations at our strategic customers in the UK and are responsible for the continuous and successful delivery of milestones, deliverables by providing an innovative experience.
- Lead a team, both locally and remotely, project engagements, delegating tasks and managing team personal and professional requirements.
- Run all aspects of customer projects including resource management, financial planning and project planning.
- Build, manage and drive customer relationships, becoming a long-term trusted advisor.
- Lead professionally as a senior team member within Mendix Expert Services, setting an example and providing support to more junior team members.
- Drive innovation and improvement to our existing customers and offerings to ensure that we are continuously improving.
- Working in partnership with Customer Success Managers assist in developing our strategic accounts, always looking for up or cross-sell opportunities
- Recruit, select and develop skilled professionals
- Ability to hire, mentor, manage and ensure the performance of a team;
- Build SOWs, manage scope, deliverables, outcomes and go-live timeline in delivery
- Proactively keep track of objectives and build-in governance with engineering-level, management-level or executive level and assure alignment and progress.
- Ensure broad adoption of the Mendix Platform within key accounts and stakeholders, architects, testers, ux’er, program managers.
- Assure timely and accurate administration of the services hours to be invoiced and keep track on budgets
- Ensure quality delivery of services without compromise on all Mendix implementations
- Secure customer success and work with our customers towards broad adoption of the Mendix Platform.
- Organize retrospectives with the team to learn and improve quality of services, innovation and efficiency
- Contributes to improvement business cases and roadmaps
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration or IT
- Experienced People manager of an eager group of consultants
- A background in custom application development
- 3-5 years of experience working as a delivery manager in a commercial environment preferably in enterprise software development.
- Focus on quality and the success of our customers; our highest priority is satisfied customers. Even if this means you need to push back to customer requests to make maximize success.
- Commercial mindset: you understand Mendix’ commercial ambitions and can translate these ambitions to the way you interact with our customers and partners
- Capable of using a consultative/solution selling approach to senior business decision-makers by reinforcing value of Mendix to customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities;
- Understand the implication of change through the implementation of technology to the business;
- Strong structural work methods, multitasking and time management skills;
- Solid problem solving and assertive consultative skills.
- There is a need for travel flexibility, but travel varies from 0-80%; typical is probably 50% a week in the Middle East
Do you want to join a company that truly changes the way of software development and that finally bridges the gap between business and IT? Then apply now.
We consider our people as people - not assets, we’re passionate about results – not “boxes” and “rules”, we’re all outstanding, and we want you to be yourself, we celebrate success as a team, and we care about your personal and professional development!
Our Guiding Principles
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our “MendixBlue” guiding principles. Being “MendixBlue” means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It’s kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always…you belong here.
We think big. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term…you belong here.
We innovate. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask “what if?” and work to find a way or make one…you belong here.
We nurture talent. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you’re up for learning from your failures…you belong here.
We hear every voice. Inflated egos don’t last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win – regardless of who they come from…you belong here.
We own it. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done…you belong here.
We have fun. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we’re happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do…you belong here.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our company’s existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, and the US, (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industrial LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time