Job Title: Operational Excellence Lead
Division: Digital Grid Location: Nottingham / Mobile working
ORGANISATION & JOB ROLE:
The Managed Services business is a segment of the Digital Grid Division which focuses on sustainable technologies for metropolitan areas and their infrastructures. Managed Services are an innovative supplier of solutions to meet the pressing challenges associated with measuring and managing energy use. We have been developing and delivering smart metering in the UK for over 20 years and our customers include energy suppliers, energy retailers, water utilities and commercial & industrial businesses.
The Operational Excellence team is seeking an experienced, passionate facilitator to work across our business to drive and manage strategic process improvement projects in a constantly changing environment. The successful candidate will identify and prioritise initiatives based on an assessment of return on investment and manage projects through to their successful completion using a range of Lean, Six Sigma and Project Management methodologies.
As the Operational Excellence lead you will pay a key role in driving change across the organisation, with core focus on process efficiency and delivery excellent customer service. Collaboration is a core element of this role as is the ability to engage with and influence stakeholders across all levels.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
• Project identification and prioritisation: Identifies and Evaluates project opportunities by seeking inputs from stakeholders, evaluating current process performance and objective assessments of Return on Investment (ROI). Leads the execution of projects across programs to quantifiably improve performance.
• Review, Mentor and Own: To mentor and/or lead improvement projects through the DMAIC cycle. Implement governance structure to ensure that projects are managed to agreed scope and timelines, creating visibility for the senior management team and key stakeholders
• Reporting: To report project milestone status with all stake holders providing regular updates to senior management
• Benefit Quantification: Quantify benefits potential and realised from the projects in terms of £ savings (ROI) and/or Metric improvements, obtain sign-off for project closure.
• Collaboration: Supports best practice sharing, replication and standardisation across business areas where appropriate
• Learning & Development: Development and implementation of training program(s) on Lean Six Sigma philosophy, theory, and application tools / techniques. Facilitating, training, and coaching team members in the use of quality & statistical tools /techniques
• Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (min)
• Demonstrable experience in working in an operations and/or service environment
• Prior Process Improvement experience with demonstrated success in leading projects in Cross-functional environment
• Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
• Project management qualifications (i.e. Prince2, APM etc.)
• Prior experience on working with statistical tools like JMP, Minitab etc.
• Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills
• The ability to analyse data in a structured fashion and objectively represent the case for change
• Ability to influence stakeholders across the organisation without direct reporting lines
• Demonstrated ability to develop and execute complex project road map
• Change agent with the ability to lead change across all levels of the organisation and be hands-on to implement improvement design
• Ability to work under tight deadline
• Experience in a process improvement / change management role.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here.
We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Either