Siemens Large Drives Business is looking for an experienced EHS Professional to support several site location(s) in OH, GA & PA. In this role you will provide technical mentorship to employees regarding EHS or Customer Qualification-related issues or concerns, regulatory compliance. This position has a Flexible Location as well as Remote Work Flexibility!
What you will be doing:
- Keep current with all respective regulations and standards in regional or local law.
- Maintain operational knowledge of facilities and field work.
- Support cross functional teams and EHS committees to improve overall site EHS performance & compliance.
- Prevent work-related injuries and illnesses, protect the environment, assure compliance with EHS laws and regulations, manage EHS risks
- Prepare site and project sites for looking after emergencies.
- Work with organization and locations to develop specific job safety analyses (JSA) for work. Demonstrated ability to recognize, evaluate, and recommend controls for workplace hazards
- Evaluate safety programs of subcontractors to meet or exceed Siemens’ standards
- Collaborate with management and employees to investigate injuries, near misses and other events to resolve root causes and implement effective corrective actions.
- Manage worker’s compensation claims and return-to-work program
- Plan, design, and implement safety policies and procedures and ensure compliance with appropriate laws, corporate directives and management system for facility and a field service organization.
- Maintain and improve safe work standards and practices
- Analyze and maintain EHS regulatory compliance activities, data quality, and prepare regular EHS reporting, including corporate, OSHA, EPA or MSHA. When vital, coordinating business response and or comments to regulatory changes.
- Maintain operational contact to external authorities; collaborate with Siemens legal on any EHS activities with regulatory agencies, employees, when required.
- Conducting and managing EHS incident investigations, including tracking and record-keeping requirements.
- Audit and inspect work environments, report identification of EHS findings and implementation of corrective actions.
- Develop, coordinate, and maintain training plans for new hire orientations as well as ongoing regulatory training to ensure all EHS training requirements are current for Siemens employees
- Improve employee and management EHS awareness.
- Promote Zero-Harm Safety Culture applying tools such as Walk and Talks, Near Miss reporting, employee safety committees, and safe practice rewards to protect the safety of Siemens’ employees, subcontractors, and customers.
- Promote employee health and wellness programs.
- Assist and collaborate with Regional Country United States EHS Corporate EHS Specialists as the need arises.
- Maintain, update, and add customer qualification information to third party safety sites required to perform our services at customer facilities. This includes but is not limited to: providing data and response to requests for pre-qualification surveys, registration for client-specific training, coordinating employees’ background checks or drug/alcohol tests (Designated Employee Representative (DER)), insurance liability, training or other documentation in support of the EHS programs.
- Provide Certificates of Insurance (CoI) required by Siemens LDA Customers
BS or equivalent in related field. HS Diploma Required.Experience with ISO 45001 and 14001, preferred 9001
Experience with industrial manufacturing process and industrial services.
Occupational health experience (injury reduction, trending, etc.)
Demonstrated experience working on cross-functional teams and leading EHS targets and objectivesProven track record of facilitating training, including presentations in PowerPoint
Experience with environmental regulatory agencies (TCEQ)
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.