You will work closely with suppliers issuing purchase orders and requesting return material authorizations to/from approved suppliers to maintain preferred stock levels. Aligning with our Strategic and Operational Procurement team to supervise supplier performance, supplier quality, and standard lead times as we negotiate terms and conditions, this position will assist Projects in carrying out Core Return Process at a tactical level.Responsibilities:
- Implement sophisticated buying strategies to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of supplies and materials; expedite as needed and serves as the liaison between vendors and users, getting prior approval for purchases above established limits
- Resolve sophisticated delivery, quality, or other related topics with purchases
- Work closely with the suppliers on vital paperwork and information to request return material authorizations
- Collaborate with materials personnel to ensure completed shipments to the supplier both virtually and physically
- Update project plans and purchasing systems; reviews and analyzes requisitions and supply plans for domestic and international purchases
- Define, communicate and track scheduling, risk, change, opportunities, and resource management
- Gain alignment on project prioritization and requirements
- Work with cross-functional business partners as well as Supply Chain Management (SCM) network
- Supervise the vendor's progress against the original and revised schedule, regularly monitor and reporting open orders for confirmation ratio and delivery capability, monitor and reporting on delivery reliability and timely delivery
- Ensure workflow turnaround time critical metric for the Core return process
- Responsible for optimally presenting with cross-functional team members on project status and Supply Chain Management tasks
- Review and target supplier delivery improvements and late order resolution
- Work in conjunction with strategic procurement, supplier quality, sales team, project logistics, and warehouse personnel toward improving total cost of ownership of products/services
- Optimize existing procurement processes and compliance while seeking to identify the best management practices, improved procurement processes, and other continuous improvement initiatives to facilitate efficient processes
- Bachelor's Degree required in Supply Chain Management or related field
- A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written customer service/communication skills
- Ability to understand/communicate technical data with suppliers as well as internal personnel
- Demonstrate success in applying complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular area of specialization
- Demonstrate knowledge of the organization's business practices and issues
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload
- Prioritize and make decisions in sometimes challenging situations
Why you’ll love working at Siemens!
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Flexible paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Paid parental leave
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.