If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2020, which ended on September 30, 2020, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €9.1 billion and had around 38,500 employees worldwide.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- As System Engineer (f/m/d), you will be responsible for the overall design of traction power supply systems and the dimensioning of their main components.
- For this purpose, you will create grounding and protection concepts and develop practicable as well as economical approaches to various technical problems from sales, purchasing, product management, etc.
- You will prepare contract or specification analyses from a technical and economic point of view as well as cost estimates for competitive offers.
- In addition, you will take on strategic ad-hoc special tasks for the business unit management.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- You bring in a university degree (Bachelor) in electrical engineering, traffic engineering or comparable.
- Furthermore, you have several years of professional experience in systems engineering.
- Knowledge of switchgear technology (medium/high voltage), electrical power supply and/or electrical network planning will be a plus.
- You also have knowledge of AC and DC traction power supply and of the interaction with adjacent technologies/systems such as rolling stock, signaling technology or power supply networks.
- You enjoy working in international teams.
- Good German and English skills round off your profile.
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 52430
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Mrs. Julia Krzystek.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time