Siemens Mobility Limited have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Control Systems Engineer to join our Control Systems Simulator team within our Rail Infrastructure business in Chippenham.
Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
Siemens Mobility are the largest supplier of railway signalling electronic control system solutions in the UK. Our technology is conceived, designed, developed and manufactured in the UK and incorporates custom platforms that are utilized in a vast variety of products and applications, including our market-leading Siemens Controlguide Westcad VDU Control Centre suite which has the largest install base of any system of its type.
Our expansion is being driven by customer demand for our cutting-edge advanced route setting systems that resolve train conflicts and delays far in advance to allow corrective action to be undertaken in a controlled and planned manner.
We welcome enquiries from anyone who would like to join the UK number one supplier and be part of our new progressive technology rollout.
Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
In this role you will work on railway signalling projects throughout the full project life cycle, working in partnership with the multi-skilled, multi-disciplinary team. This is from the early stages of bids and tenders, specification, system design, through validation, testing, approvals and installation, to on-going customer support.
As a Lead Control Systems Engineer, you will work through the implementation of projects to deliver a technical solution which meets the customers’ needs and complies with industry specifications.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Carry out independent checking on simulator control systems data as instructed by senior engineers.
- Preparation of technical details, specifications and tenders for Control Systems projects.
- Ensure technical and safety standards are maintained in all aspects of Control Systems work.
- Conduct regular performance appraisal of key staff and manage their performance.
- Act as mentor to the engineering community and promote personal development via Continuous Professional Development and Personal Development Plans.
- Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, company procedures and standards.
- Manage the forecast of resource requirements necessary for allocated projects in sufficient time to ensure that they can be provided.
- Monitor and control budgets for allocated work packages.
- Where appropriate act in the role of Contractors' Responsible Engineer as directed.
- Assist with testing and commissioning of simulator control systems as instructed.
What Qualifications, Skills and Experience do I need?
- Hold or be working towards IRSE Verifiers license
- HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Established experience checking simulator data and management of implementing it in a railway setting.
- Experience in Railway Signalling Systems including VDU Control Centres, TD’s, TDM & Simulators.
- Membership of the IEE or IRSE or recognized professional body
- Experience with Automatic Route Setting Systems is desirable.
- Hold or be working towards Mod 5 (or Systems Test) Testing Qualification
- Excellent communication skills.
- Understanding of task, time, and people management skills
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of hardworking individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time