An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Control Systems Engineer to join our Control Systems team within the Siemens Mobility Limited, Rail Infrastructure business in Chippenham or Derby.
Our Team and what we do:
Siemens Mobility Limited are the largest supplier of railway signalling electronic control system solutions in the UK. Our technology is conceived, designed, developed and manufactured in the UK and incorporates custom platforms that are utilized in a vast variety of products and applications, including our market-leading Siemens Controlguide Westcad VDU Control Centre suite which has the largest install base of any system of its type.
Our expansion is being driven by customer demand for our cutting-edge advanced route setting systems that resolve train conflicts and delays far in advance to allow corrective action to be undertaken in a controlled and planned manner.
Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
In this role you will work on railway signalling projects throughout the full project life cycle, working in partnership with the multi-skilled, multi-disciplinary team. This is from the early stages of bids and tenders, specification, system design, through validation, testing, approvals and installation, to on-going customer support.
As the Senior Control Systems Engineer, you will work with a team of engineers from junior to senior levels to guide them through the implementation of projects to deliver a technical solution which meets the customers’ needs and complies with industry specifications.
Your main work will be acting as the control systems Contractors’ Responsible Engineer on projects across our UK portfolios.
What will be Responsibilities?
- Where appropriate act in the role of Contractors' Responsible Engineer as directed.
- Deliver control systems engineering work-packages across a number of projects.
- Carry out independent checking of control systems as required.
- Provide functional support and guidance to the engineers within the team on all aspects of control systems design within allocated projects.
- Participate in the preparation of technical details, specifications and tenders for control systems projects
- Monitor the progress of works and ensure that the development, design, construction and testing requirements are met and effect remedial action when required.
- Ensure that the technical and safety standards are maintained in all aspects of design work in order that successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
- Evaluate the quality and technical accuracy of tenders and make recommendations to obtain the best available commercial award for the Company.
- Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets.
- Act as mentor to the engineering community and promote personal development via Continuous Professional Development and Personal Development Plans.
- Ensure staffs have the appropriate IRSE licences and Safety Certification.
What Qualifications, Skills and Experience do I need?
- HNC/HND or Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Experience in the design and implementation of Railway Control Systems.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of the CRE process within Network Rail.
- Signalling system data preparation and design experience.
- An appreciation for the Network Rail Spec 02009.
- A good demonstration of running projects to CDM and CSM regulations.
- Good understanding of task, time and people management skills.
- Good customer and commercial awareness.
- Membership of IRSE or other relevant Engineering Institution.
- Hold or be working towards an IRSE license in Engineering Manager - Projects Engineering (7.8.110F)
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of hardworking individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. #LI-SM1
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time