Lead Tester – R&D
Do you want to be part of a business that puts its people at the forefront of all we do, an agile innovative business that is leading the way in our traffic solutions. Why not join us at Yunex traffic (a Siemens Company) we are looking for a Lead Tester to lead a team in a multi-stream AGILE environment, with a focus on automation testing as we move closer to a true DevOps environment.
We offer flexible working conditions, a competitive package and an excellent work life balance.
Our team and what we do:
Our products and services touch many aspects of everyday mobility including the future of Autonomous Connected Vehicles, Clean Air Zones, Speed and Bus Lane Enforcement, and Congestion Charging. If you drove or took public transport today, you almost certainly interacted with what we do every day to keep our roads safe and running freely.
Our R&D team are responsible for the creation of innovative mobility solutions in the United Kingdom and worldwide, working independently and as part of larger teams. The systems deployed typically utilise core sub-systems and products from the Traffic Solutions product portfolio with configuration and project specific developments.
Our sprint teams are working on a complex traffic control system that will improve the lives of the travelling public worldwide. The teams are multi-disciplinary consisting of C++, Angular UI and Java developers as well as testers. These teams are distributed globally with onshore / offshore team members, all contributing to an integrated (cloud) environment. Our products and projects work within the SAFe framework, bringing multiple teams together across the globe, delivering quality / real-time systems.
You will be bringing your experience of leading a team in a multi-stream AGILE environment, with a focus on automation testing as we move closer to a true DevOps environment.
Is Siemens the place to enjoy your next success?
· You will be confident in organising and performing the software testing (manual & automated) within your team, with a proven track record leading a team.
· You are an effective communicator able to interact with all stakeholders and customers, with strong oral and written communication skills.
· You will thrive within a multi-disciplinary team, working with team members at all levels, in a dynamic environment.
· You enjoy and have proven experience in the world of automated testing (ideally Cypress or Selenium), to help us strengthen our automated pipeline.
· You are proficient writing test plans, specifications, as well as contributing to the department’s strategy.
· You will actively participate in project-wide reviews of stories and design documents, including input into the acceptance criteria and working with our offshore teams.
· You are familiar working with tools such as GitLab, Docker, Jira and Confluence.
· You will have experience testing within a cloud environment (i.e. AWS).
· You can demonstrate experience of successfully working within time, quality, and budget constraints.
· You will have a curious and problem-solving attitude.
· Candidates will hold ISQTB foundation in software testing, or similar certification.
In your role, what can you expect?
You will lead the team of multi-disciplined test engineers in the art of agile software testing & test automation; responsible for performing and organising the software testing (manual & automated) within the SCRUM teams, bringing together the integrated product.
To be able to call upon your previous experience in the world of test, providing any such support to the team (multiple projects / products) with regards testing and QA activities.
You will be responsible for authoring test plans and specifications, as well as contributing to the overall test strategy.
While you will have a dedicated Scrum Master to assist with removing impediments within the wider project, you will take responsibility for the team’s ‘QA’ commitments, ensuring these artefacts are delivered.
You will encourage a culture of continuous improvement and have a ‘can do attitude’.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
We’re Yunex Traffic. We have offices across the UK and worldwide, full of hardworking individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow. We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Yunex Traffic (Siemens Company). Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is crucial to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We encourage the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time