Job title: Senior Executive Engineer Automation (Pharma) for GEC- Digital Industries
Job location: Kharghar, Navi Mumbai.
Ensuring the highest standards in engineering to support the solution business of Siemens Ltd. Worldwide as a Senior Executive Engineer, working extensively on Pharmaceutical and other projects for process automation.
Change the future with us.
Siemens Digital Industries is an innovation and technology leader in industrial automation and digitization. In close collaboration with our partners and customers, we are the driving force for the digital transformation in the discrete and process industries.
Every day we push the boundaries of what is possible, therefore we need Ambassadors for new insights, hardworking storytellers, and passionate captivators in engineering who make our customer relationships strong. We’ll open endless possibilities to make the meaningful things a reality!
This is your role. What part will you play?
In this exciting role your deep experience and process knowledge will be utilized. The prospective candidate should be able to design and implement automation concepts for projects being executed. Discussion and verification of the concepts with the partners, customers and team lead. Ability to derive the easiest solution fitting to the requirements using the most sophisticated tools for the implementation.
Software and/or Hardware engineering using SIEMENS engineering tools. Target focused delivering the engineering in time according schedule. Always ensuring the highest quality of the engineering.
Good process knowledge in more than one of the branches supported by the Global Engineering Centre. Understanding of P&ID diagrams, automation concepts and interpretation. Design of interlocks, start-up and shutdown sequences. Understanding of medium to sophisticated automation concepts and their realization in the field. Optimization of closed loop controllers with SIMIT and on site. Testing of complex logic structures in FAT and commissioning on site.
Hardware or software engineering predominantly in the Global Engineering Center (GEC) but also at the locations of our partners, factory acceptance test support, commissioning on site. The projects are predominantly for the pharmaceutical branch. Other branches include chemicals, food & beverage, water/wastewater, and glass.
Present the GEC as an attractive partner for outsourcing of work by communicating the provided sales material with focus on the business partners benefit. Initiate, build and drive the revision of success stories and publish them in the social networks. Continuous networking with partners, creation of additional demand and forward to GEC core team.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
Experience Required: 4-8 years’ relevant experience as a Process Automation Engineer /Project Engineer (process automation industry) and minimum 2 years of experience as a Senior Engineer.
Education: BE/B.Tech in Instrumentation/Electronics/Electrical/ENTC and allied branches
Proven experience of minimum 3 years in engineering and commissioning for Pharmaceutical projects.
Explicitly worked on Pharmaceutical process automation projects, at least in the last 4 years. (Conceptualization, designing, programming, and commissioning)
More than 4 years of validated experience as project engineer/senior engineer in relevant process domain (Pharma, W&WW, F&B, Chemical) and with overall experience of 4-8 years.
· Good process experience and knowledge in the branches of Pharmaceuticals / Lifesciences.
· Verification of customer’s basic design, conceptualization, preparing specifications (FS, FDS, Test Specifications, Pharma validation) and development of automation solutions for several projects in parallel. Interface to the Team Lead and Project Manager of partner regions (Project Countries) for technical topics.
· Advanced knowledge & experience in DCS Automation System, Simatic PCS7 shall be preferable.
· Advanced knowledge of Batch process (ISA S88 standard), Simatic Batch engineering, testing and commissioning expertise is preferable
· Good understanding & knowledge of 21 CFR Part11 and GAMP5 guidelines.
· Candidates with advance trainings certificate of Siemens DCS/PLC/SCADA/Instrumentation or such certificates from other automation vendor (manufacturer) company will be preferable.
· DCS Systems: Simatic PCS7(Simatic PCS neo) engineering, testing, and commissioning expertise is preferable.
· SCADA Systems: Simatic S7, TIA & WinCC engineering, testing, and commissioning expertise is preferable.
· Engineering tools knowledge: PCS7 Plant Automation Accelerator, COMOS is preferable.
· Preferably, good experience on communication protocols like MODBUS, Profibus, Profinet, HART, Ethernet, OPC etc.
· OSI PI Historian knowledge & experience will have preference.
· Good self-integration in international project teams. Easy adaption of European US and/or Middle east working styles. Social integration in the Host Countries. Self-challenging working style, taking ownership and solution oriented.
· Must have good negotiation and intercultural skills.
· Excellent English language skills. Knowledge of foreign languages e.g. German, Spanish, French will have added advantage.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Kharghar, Navi Mumbai, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
You may get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so might need to go where this journey takes you. In return, there will be a chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Bring curiosity and imagination and help us craft tomorrow!
We would be happy to welcome you to our Siemens Family, please feel free to apply on the website.
Find out more Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time