Head of Sales and Bids (Rolling Stock)
Gurgaon | Siemens Mobility | Full-timeTogether we make a difference!
In this role with Siemens Mobility (SMO), you will report to the Head of Rolling Stock Business Unit and work closely with all disciplines within the RS team and the wider business to ensure Order acquisition, Delivery of high-quality winning bids and ensuring these are effectively mobilized to project delivery.
Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!Change the future with us You will be responsible for all the Sales and Bids activities for Rolling Stock Business Unit, ensuring appropriate levels of governance and accuracy is applied to a winning bid strategy in all cases. You will: · Lead the Sales & Bids function of Rolling Stock Business Unit (part SMO India) · Manage the end-to-end Sales and Bids processes for Rolling Stock business
- Lead RS sales organization towards internal & external stake holders incl. various entities of Indian Railways and Metro Corporations
- Manage order acquisition and bid management activities for Rolling Stock business
· Lead implementation of all Siemens bid governance processes to ensure preparation and submission of compliant and commercially sound bids
- Own the bid resource planning to ensure department capacity is aligned with demand, business resources are forecasted and agreed in advance of tender arrival
- Liaise with customers and internal senior management to help create/develop transparent and robust tender pipeline
- Manage the creation of winning tenders through full bid lifecycle from Bid/No-Bid to customer negotiation and Contract Award
- Engage in pre and post bid submission negotiations with the client encompassing technical, financial, and commercial considerations, and act as an escalation point of contact in relation to bids and sales activities
Use your skills to move the world forward
- You have minimum 15 years of experience in Sales and Bids function preferably in Railway Rolling stock domain
- You have sound commercial understanding along with profit and loss experience coupled with risk management skills.
- You have good communication and collaboration skills to be able to lead a young and dynamic Sales & Bids team
- You have managed order acquisition and delivery of multiple Rolling Stock bids in the past
- You have good understanding of the way in which Rolling Stock projects are managed and delivered to influence, monitor, and challenge every aspect of the bid
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Gurgaon. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time