The Distribution Systems Business Unit within the Smart Infrastructure organization of Siemens is located near Raleigh, NC and is looking for highly qualified and energetic engineers for its eMobility team to support the dynamic and fastest growing business unit within the overall Siemens Future Grid segment to supply DC charging stations for electric vehicles.
The main objective of this role is to work as a liaison throughout the order process from order-entry to production. The engineer will work closely with the remote R&D team to ensure manufacturability of the product and support production during prototype builds, customer-specific builds, and design change implementation. This role will support local assembly and introduction of new DC charging stations for plug in and automated connections for a variety of electric vehicles across a broad range of interface options from 100 to 800 kW. This engineer will support all aspects of manufacturing/assembly of charging stations while creating all documentation for customer and manufacturing (schematics, wire diagrams, BOMs) while interfacing with R&D on new product launches to ensure manufacturability.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyze customer’s technical specifications regarding the application of Siemens Charger products along with associated protection and control systems and design appropriate product solutions to meet the customers’ expectations in cost-effective and timely manner.
- Position requires ability to demonstrate leadership by orchestrating interactions between Research and development engineering, Contract Administrators, Procurement, Project management, PLM and Manufacturing to resolve technical issues in a dynamic evolving environment.
- Coordinate implementation of new Charger products into manufacturing. Creates and reviews product and process test reports/plans of new or modified product designs.
- Utilize knowledge of various electrical CAD software packages to complete project work and drive efficiency with process improvements (Engineering Base and/or CAD are currently in use).
- Position requires to set up new materials/components in SAP (ERP system) and co-ordinate with team to improve processes, select vendors, handle obsolete/replacement parts.
- Select special devices to function as required in assemblies and/or circuits. Determine proper method for applying, installing, and wiring special devices as required.
- Spearhead EMOB Orders Engineering Process Improvement Projects.
- Work with the factory manufacturing team to diagnose and resolve engineering issues and supervise manufacturing builds of prototypes.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, or related field.
- 3 years of Electrical CAD design/drafting experience with protection and control or engineering firms utilizing ELCAD, AutoCAD electrical or Engineering Base. Preference given to experience with Engineering Base.
- 1 year experience working with electrical distribution products and systems.
- 1 year experience working with an ERP system, preference given for experience with SAP.
- Working knowledge of standard protection and control technologies used in low voltage power distribution products. This may include knowledge of industrial networking for automation such as Profinet or CAN.
- Ability to work with PLC and have troubleshooting knowledge. Preference with experience on Siemens PLC.
- Technical knowledge of the Electrical Products industry and/or Electrical Vehicle Charger Industry with fundamental understanding of NEC standards
- An ideal candidate is detailed orientated and able to embrace a culture of quality while working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Less than 10% travel required
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Considered a plus but not required:
- A master’s degree in engineering is a plus with extra consideration given if degree concentration is in power systems.
- Familiarity with ANSI, IEEE, UL, SAE and NEMA standards for DC Chargers.
- Experience with electrical design for DC Electric Chargers.
- Experience programming in VBA.
- Experience with cloud-based CRM (Customer Relationship Management) solutions (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics).
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.