Technology driven, problem solvers
Customers around the world trust in our products. Our service technicians and engineers significantly contribute to that. You are the first on the scene to solve any technical problem. You are a trusted adviser, team player, and make things possible. “Unsolvable” is a foreign term, and you go the distance. Your focus on the customers’ needs makes you an invaluable partner. When you join our team, the possibilities are endless.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
- Act as Siemens’ representative on construction sites while working in close collaboration with various on-site stakeholders, including contractors, subcontractors and clients;
- Verify the quality of the installation and ensure the proper functioning of all building control system components;
- Verify wiring and various components while ensuring their proper functioning and solving problems (where needed);
- Program and start up various HVAC systems (heating, ventilation, energy saving systems, etc.);
- Perform preventive maintenance and diagnostics on systems and components in accordance with the Service Level Agreement; Test and verify system readings to ensure optimal operation, diagnose problems and malfunctions, identify corrective actions, and perform adjustments;
- Calibrate system instruments and their components according to directives;
- Respond to customer service calls both on-site and remotely, verify all reported problems and analyze system requirements while verifying and testing system components;
- Document all work and problem-solving measures using a detailed service report, among other tasks;
- Conduct programming operations, create diagrams and manage databases;
- Coordinate operations between contractors and subcontractors;
- Comply with the workplace health and safety code at all times.
What will you need to succeed?
- High school diploma (DES), college degree in building mechanics, college degree in industrial electronics, college degree in computer systems, or an attestation of college studies, or an equivalent combination of education and practical experience;
- Minimum one year of technical experience in building automation or related field;
- Good understanding of building technology systems and related standards;
- Proven diagnostic skills, ability to determine and solve technical problems systematically;
- Good knowledge of computer networking technology an asset;
- Attention to the needs of clients and various stakeholders;
- Ability to adapt to a variable schedule while occasionally working outside Quebec;
- Available on rotation for the on-call schedule;
- Good motivation and attitude, calm under pressure;
- Strong knowledge of French (written and spoken);
- Good knowledge of English (written and spoken);
- Driver’s licence required (Siemens vehicle provided);
- Understanding of the Building Code and how it relates to automation;
- ASP Health and General Safety on Construction Sites course completed (or able to take the 30-hour course to obtain the card);
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.