Technology driven, problem solvers
Customers around the world trust in our products. Our service technicians and engineers significantly contribute to that. You are the first on the scene to solve any technical problem. You are a trusted adviser, team player, and make things possible. “Unsolvable” is a foreign term, and you go the distance. Your focus on the customers’ needs makes you an invaluable partner. When you join our team, the possibilities are endless.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
We are currently seeking a Project Manager for our Quebec Building Automation team. Working under the Director of Operations, you will plan, organize, manage and delegate all project-related work according to the pre-established specifications and procedures.
- Ensure that projects are completed according to contractual requirements;
- Participate in sales and operations meetings to fully understand the scope of the project and the client’s needs;
- Read and analyze contracts, bids, plans and specifications, along with all other documents involved to establish the project’s scope and requirements;
- Ensure that all work complies with safety and quality standards specified by the legislation, the company and the client;
- Ensure proper project planning and execution in terms of quality, scope, scheduling and costs;
- Ensure synchronization and monitoring with various internal and external stakeholders;
- Direct and participate in project follow-up meetings;
- Interact with managers from various departments, along with engineers, customers and subcontractors;
- Manage project-related costs based on the established objectives;
- Document and complete reports intended for internal managers (project status, financial status, etc.).
What will you need to succeed?
- Undergraduate or college degree in mechanics, electronics or related field;
- Five years of experience in engineering project management in a technical field;
- Knowledge of building automation industry processes and procedures, along with an understanding of all project-related financial aspects and the ability to apply this understanding to cost-control principles when managing projects;
- Able to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively with various stakeholders;
- Autonomy and organizational skills;
- Good negotiation skills;
- Able to demonstrate leadership skills and initiative;
- Team spirit;
- Able to demonstrate interpersonal skills and high levels of maturity;
- Strong sense of responsibility;
- Fluency in French and English, both spoken and written;
- Knowledge of MS Office tools;
- Experience in a building mechanics field an asset;
- Experience in consulting an asset.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.