Mendix is a Siemens business, we are on a mission to enable anyone in any organization – from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO – to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and we’re reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It’s no surprise that we’re a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we’re proud of what we’ve accomplished…and…we’re humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
For Mendix, building and enabling a large pool of trained resources across the world is a key driver of success. That’s Mendix Academy’s core mission - setting the global standard for certification and training programs across Mendix customers, partners and employees. We design, develop, curate and deliver skills maps, certification programs, classroom and online courses as well as supporting content all of which enable Mendix users of all flavors, at all levels, in all geographies.
We have a core team in Rotterdam, consisting of Instructional Design, Content Development and Classroom Delivery, Learning Management System development and support, as well as trainers across the globe! We're investing to accelerate our momentum and we're looking to grow our global Academy team in all key regions (U.S., Europe, Asia). The team is filled with customer focused individuals. We challenge one another every day and hold ourselves accountable for our work, as well as our customer's overall success.
We are part of the overall Customer Success team; whose goal is to enable customers by driving adoption and assisting them to realize business value so that they remain customers for life. This means working closely with our friends all over the Mendix world: the Marketing and Evangelist team to share information and make it easy for people to find out and learn about our platform; our Expert Services, Digital Execution and Partner teams to help on-board, enable and grow new development teams; our University team to support their programs with professors and students the world over; and not forgetting our Expert Guilds to set the agenda for skills, knowledge and experience we train and certify in each role, as well as existing developers to help them expand their horizons and build a long and successful Mendix career.
If you constantly strive for excellence, are passionate about innovation, and want to work with a collaborative and energetic team -- then Mendix is for you.
As a member of the global Mendix Academy team you’ll be the regional Academy Partner responsible for driving # of active certified developers in your region next to delivering classroom & virtual instructor led training and certification. You are the Guild leader for all (internal and external) Mendix trainers in the region and work in close collaboration with the global team to enhance the Mendix Academy experience and the Mendix enablement journey for all Mendix makers.
- Driving certified developers and continuously develop their skills and experience on platform by providing high-quality experience and delivering interactive trainings.
- Becoming a Mendix certified developer, and following our Mendix Certified Trainer program, coached by our specialist trainers and building up to deliver your first Rapid Developer course in your first three months.
- Working with the global Academy team to ensure a single standard for the online and classroom versions of core content such as the Rapid and Advanced Developer courses, ensuring they are kept up-to-date with new features and functions from the latest Mendix releases.
- Running and assessing certification events and exams for candidates, as well as contributing to exam definition, creation and maintenance.
- Being part of the team responsible for Train the Trainer activity, enabling customers, partners and employees to scale classroom training.
- Acting as the central point for updating the extended training team on changes in the courseware and Mendix software in your areas of expertise.
- Working with other internal teams such as the University team and the Partner team in your region to support Mendix University and Mendix Certified Training Partner programs where required.
- Loving what you do, taking it seriously, and most importantly getting stuff done.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Training / guiding is something you've actually done in context of software development
- Are a high-energy professional, who loves learning and using technology, with a track-record in knowing your stuff and coaching, enabling and supporting others.
- You are excited about being part of creating a truly world-class, scalable training and certification program to enable Mendix users create and continuously improve web and mobile apps at scale using our super-cool software.
- Custom software development is something you've actually done or you’ve worked within an organization that focused on software development.
- Ideally you know Mendix, but you may have used tools such as: Python, R, Excel (formulas, macros, VBA), Access, SQL, Qlik, Tableau, Power BI, SPSS, SAS, Matlab or have experience with Salesforce, Hyperion, or Remedy.
- You have an understanding of technologies like SQL, BPMN, MDD and possibly Java, .Net. You don't have to be a coder, but a general understanding is definitely an advantage.
- As an individual you’re independent and able to self-start, take responsibility, manage your own work, help others and have the maturity and common sense to know when to use our own judgment or seek advice in making decisions.
- Know that when the team succeeds, we all succeed, because we are all responsible for work which needs input and support from others and actively support one-another to achieve each of our objectives.
Our Guiding Principles
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our “MendixBlue” guiding principles. Being “MendixBlue” means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It’s kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always…you belong here.
We think big. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term…you belong here.
We innovate. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask “what if?” and work to find a way or make one…you belong here.
We nurture talent. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you’re up for learning from your failures…you belong here.
We hear every voice. Inflated egos don’t last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win – regardless of who they come from…you belong here.
We own it. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done…you belong here.
We have fun. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we’re happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do…you belong here.
Make your career at Mendix-Siemens.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our company’s existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, US and APAC with regional HQ in Singapore (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (India) Private Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time