Application Support Engineer
Do you want to join a business that puts its people at the forefront of all we do, an agile, innovative business that is leading the way in traffic solutions. Come and join us at Yunex Traffic (a Siemens Business).
Yunex Traffic are looking to expand the product support team with an experienced Senior Application Support Engineer providing 2nd and 3rd line application support to our portfolio of services. Are you an energetic, personable and enthusiastic person and are you able to combine excellent customer service and communication skills with a broad knowledge of Networks and IT.
Areas of responsibility and tasks
- Primarily provide support for Yunex Traffic Intelligent Traffic Systems which encompass real-time enterprise level applications
- Investigate, own and resolve incidents in accordance with ITIL processes
- Test and raise defects on software and manage customers during the incident lifecycle
- Ensure SLA and KPI compliance to minimise company exposure
- Assist in Project activities, being flexible for out of hours activities
- Develop and maintain appropriate monitoring tools and alerting mechanisms to facilitate round the clock support of customer systems
- Operationally manage and progress system and application upgrades
- Assist the Team Lead with internal/external communications on incident progress, with clear understanding of risk and impact to customer and other stake holders
- Work in tandem with R&D, architecture and infrastructure teams where appropriate to ensure key system information is accurate and aligned
- Maintain our internal knowledge base to facilitate knowledge transfer across the department
- Promote and foster a culture of delivering high levels of customer satisfaction
- Ensure team compliance with relevant ITIL process and company policy documents
- Drive personal development with a focus on technology and applications
- Attend customer review meetings as required
- Work as part of the global Yunex community and provide positive suggestions that will enhance customer experience
Knowledge & Skills
- Current working experience with bespoke applications in enterprise environment
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server and Linux Operating Systems.
- Strong knowledge of Networks
- Knowledge of Cloud based services and technologies
- Able to demonstrate analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, and proven ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical customers
- Ability to work unaided and on own initiative as well as being a member of a team. Ability to build relationships with colleagues & customers
- Time management and ability to prioritise workload
- Experience of working within an ITIL framework to investigate and resolve incidents
- Knowledge of Intelligent Traffic Control Systems
- Experience in Windows and Software Patch Management
- Experience in operation of Software Patch Management
- Project Management experience
- Software deployment experience
- High level of competency in the use of MS Office and similar tools
- ITIL Foundation qualification
- Database qualifications/experience– specifically in administration
- Understanding of development applications
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
We’re Yunex Traffic. We have offices across the UK and worldwide, full of hardworking individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow. We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Yunex Traffic (Siemens Company). Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is crucial to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We encourage the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time