How do you shape the future of Digital Operations?
Here at Siemens we build a better world using greener energy, cutting-edge software and ingenious inventions – We need innovative and ambitious individuals to explore the varied, exciting areas of our business.
We’re looking for the makers of tomorrow. The bright and level-headed undergraduates, with a highly motivated ‘can do’ attitude to help to make a difference in the world.
Big Data, IoT, Web 3.0 - the digital revolution is happening and is transforming our lives. Siemens is a leading player to bring digital revolution to many Industry sectors such as Mobility. Here we transform the way transport systems are run and managed and bring it into the digital age. We industrialize the wealth of data from new systems and at the same time we connect older assets and bring them online. We join up data, systems and business processes in a way that turns data into business intelligence for the benefit of Siemens, our customers and the public. Do you have the initiative and talent to be part of the team that defines that future, creates the tools, products and services – and then creates a new business from that work?
What are we doing?
Digitizing the Siemens trains and making that data talk. Data without analysis is dead. What are we going to do with all that data? How can we extract that information from the train? What decisions does it drive, how do we deliver that data in the right way to the right users so they can make decisions, how do we use that data to shape how businesses can operate faster, more efficiently and more safely?
See into the future. How do we teach machines to speak and learn? Our vision is to implement the most sophisticated data collection tools so they diagnose, assess and predict their condition to improve availability and comfort - safely and cost effectively. With Railigent as part of Mindsphere we are using a global communications infrastructure that connects trains, infrastructure and supply chain?
Specific activities are progressing in parallel in a number of areas, and our Interns will have the opportunity to be involved and support around the following topics:
The Digital Train: Trains are expensive things. Their body shells last in excess of thirty years and yet software evolves a generation in as little as three years. The systems we are deploying will bring older assets online, enhance safety, reliability and passenger comfort
- Increase connectivity of trains, e.g. increase the data we can send from the trains online to our cloudbased platform Railigent
- Transfer of working practices in the depot towards use of online data and work with Railigent
- Investigate further opportunities towards condition based maintenance based on remote monitoring capabilities of train systems, e.g. HVAC, doors, toilets etc.
The Digital Maintenance. Have you ever thought about the difference between a railway depot and an automotive plant in terms of innovation, technology and IT-systems deployed? Our activities are in:
- Development of Railigent applications using data from the maintenance management system in the depot for users in production and logistics
- Integration of automated measurement technologies and optimisation of maintenance practices using such data sources
- Digitizing, data analysis and all the administration tasks that are needed, requires a multitude of skills. We are looking for an adaptable, innovative and flexibility individual who can undertake a variety of different tasks.
We are offering to be part of a team with an innovative, entrepreneurial and start-up like mindset while taking advantage of the scale of one of the world’s finest global companies. Are you excited by delivering change through technology? Do you want to drive innovation to design, build and deploy new projects? We're looking for people to disrupt the norm and make a difference.
- We are looking for either computer science students with a curiosity about engineering/production or engineering students with a strong interest in digital topics
- You will be studying towards a 2:2 or above in an engineering, analytics, IT or software development related degree
- A keen interest in technology and digitalization is key.
- You will be analytical with a keen eye for detail
- You will be an excellent team player whilst maintaining an independent perspective
- You will have well developed communication skills both written and verbal.
Come and join us. Define our future and make it happen.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time