Siemens Smart Infrastructure, Electrical Products, is looking for a Location Procurement Manager for their Pomona, CA plant. This person will implement supply chain strategies and manage the plant Procurement activities while optimizing supply cost and EVA contribution.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
* Manage the overall Procurement function in the plant locations.
* Ensure the use of, and adherence to the Global Procurement policies and procedures in the plants.
* Drive CNI fulfillment actions for the plant locations.
* Assist with implementing the preferred logistic model, asset management and standard payment terms within our supply base.
* Manage the overall Procurement function in the plant locations; for both Direct and Indirect materials purchased volumes.
What you will be doing:
* Location Procurement Manager, develops and drives location procurement strategies (with cross functional buy in).
* Managed non-pooled direct purchasing volume to drive productivity (using procurement levers – negotiation, eAuction, cost transperancy) .
* Leads, managed and develops non-pooled supplier base in commercial issues, supplier qualification, development and overall relationship management.
* Participate and support plant location annual budget process and resources for implementation.
* Manage coordinate plant cost reduction activities (PPC and MCP) together with Commodity Mgr. and Procurement Eng.
* Develop and drive plant specific supplier strategy with Commodity managers for pooled commodities.
* Support the Commodity managers with supplier negotiation for pooled parts.
* Initiate and Participate in sourcing team decisions/activities.
* Go to person for location team for procurement topics.
* Monitors and enforce the approved supplier selection process in any sourcing decision made at the location
Summary of Requirements (Qualifications, Experience, Skills)
1. Bachelor’s Degree is strongly desired, although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered.
2. 3 to 5 years Supply Chain experience
3. Analytical thinking combined with conceptual and organizational abilities.
4. This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
5. Good written and oral communication skills required
6. Experience with SAP a plus
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary.
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and PTO.
- Extensive training along with career development.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.