Technical Administrator / Tendering Administrator
FTC 6 Months – Mat Cover
Does working for a global company that’s at the forefront of innovation and technology interest you? Then a Technical Administrator / Tendering Administrator role at Siemens is for you!
An opportunity has arisen within our busy Tendering Department, based in Poole for a Technical Administrator / Tendering Administrator to join the team. This is a customer facing role that you will be involved in the timely submission of accurately priced, technically, and commercially sound estimates to our Customers. The role will involve the analysis of the technical specifications and drawings to identify material and labour specific requirement to create a price for projects. Although previous experience of interpreting technical drawing and producing bills of quantity’s would be an advantage full training will be provided.
Whatever your background, you’ll love your prospects at Siemens. The projects are stimulating, the mindset is inclusive, innovative, and the rewards are excellent. With Siemens, you’ll receive training and support, and be encouraged to take ownership of your role from day one.
What are my responsibilities?
- Be responsible for the accurate database logging of Customer enquiries.
- Examine and interpret Customer’s specifications & site drawings to identify traffic related equipment take offs and services.
- Collaborate with Regional Operations team and other relevant internal departments to determine the optimum delivery solution.
- Collate all costs, calculate prices and prepare summary sheets for management authorisation in accordance with company processes and governance
- The compilation of approved costs and commercial information to develop a formal response
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Excellent numeracy, written and verbal communication skills and a dedication to teamwork and success.
- Ability to review documentation to ascertain requirements and to manage internal and external relationships coupled with good attention to detail whilst working to defined deadlines is vital for success in this role.
- You will be passionate and motivated. It would be beneficial if you have experience of working within a Tendering / Estimating / Bid Management / Project Management / Supply Chain environment.
- Dedication to the task, a desire to win and the ability to think around the total solution is essential.
- Possessing formal qualifications in a technical discipline is preferable but a demonstrable willingness to learn could offset specific technical knowledge.
- Proficient in all main Microsoft Office packages.
- Proactive and able to operate on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Logical approach to tasks and actions – able to work independently.
- Good interpersonal skills – a team player.
- Good attention to detail.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time