Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Today, we are recruiting for the Senior Electrical Site Engineer position to Join our Project Team in Egypt. This is an excellent career opportunity for Power Supply Professionals looking to join a truly international team.
What are my responsibilities?
• Internal coordination to verify and ensure readiness of buildings for installation through site surveys.
• Installation supervision for cables, LV/MV switchgear, power transformers, UPS systems, SCADA., diesel generators including subcontractor management and handover to end customer.
• Review progress reports from subcontractors and report it to project management.
• Internal coordination of installation drawings as well as coordination of technical drawings with subcontractors.
• Plan, coordinate and monitor the progress of installation activities.
• Request material for dispatch in timely manner and handover installation material to subcontractors.
• Report any material damages as well as inspect and analyze damages.
• Control material to ensure material availability and review stock to warn against possible shortage.
• Lead the electricity utility connection from the MV distribution network to the project’s buildings and review bills of quantity issued by Electricity distribution companies and request payment.
• Review installation red mark drawings and as built drawings.
• Ensure that Siemens Environment, Health and Safety policies are complied with during the execution and planning of each and every activity.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering from a reputable university.
• 5-8 years of electrical power equipment installation experience preferably with a Contractor in infrastructure projects.
• Experience with Medium voltage distribution networks and familiar with local electrical distribution company procedures.
• Familiar with electrical international codes and standards for installation.
• Solid awareness and implementation of safe electrical power switching and isolation. Additionally, highly conscious to EHS rules and regulations, preferably OSHA/NFPA certified.
• Project exposure including supervising and leading subcontractors, dealing with consultant and owners.
• Previous experience and practice with handover procedures, preferably with the governmental sector projects.
• Skilled in reading and applying the shop and construction drawings
• Very good command of the English language, spoken and written.
• Fair knowledge of contracts with good command of business writing.
• Valid driving license and able to work in a dynamic environment and in several site locations, including willingness to relocate locally in mainly Benha-Portsaid region.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.