* This position is for a remote home office based technical consultant within the Phoenix, Salt Lake City and Las Vegas markets.
The position is for a Technical Sales Consultant within Siemens Measurement Intelligence (MI) Team reporting directly to the MI Technical Sales Consultant Manager. The position will be responsible for pre-sales technical advice of core product technologies (pressure, level, temperature, flow, weighing, and positioners) and the development and implementation of customer solutions. Accordingly, the successful candidate should have a firm understanding of the Process Industries (Oil & Gas, Chemical, Water, Food & Beverage, Mining and Cement) along with a working knowledge of the processes, applications and solutions required by the customers.
The MI Technical Sales Consultant will be primarily responsible to support the MI Sales Channel based on the Go to Market sales strategy. This will include the contracted MI Channel Partners (CP) and the PA AE direct sales force in their area of prime responsibility. The individual will be responsible for the consultation, preparation and presentation of proposed technical solutions, including product demonstrations and application assistance. The position will include resolving complex technical problems to meet the customers’ needs.
- Be the primary point of technical contact for MI Channel Partners to provide product solutions to end users, and coordinating CP training needs
- Support key project activities in conjunction with both Channel and Direct PA AE salespersons.
- Provide support in disseminating complex technical information on specific applications.
- Coordinate activities with Primary Sales Representatives, Proposals, Business Development Team and Product Marketing Management
- Hands-on product presentations and demonstrations at end-user, engineering firm and CP locations
- Collaboration with PA AE direct sales force to expand scope on project pursuits
- Product training across all levels of the organization.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Successful completion of a University Degree or College Diploma in a technical field or equivalent experience.
· 5+ years of successful experience in instrumentation or related field. 7+ years of overall professional experience required.
· Working knowledge of the Process Industries (O&G, Chemical, Water, Food & Beverage, Mining and Cement)
· Ability to understand complex applications, and customer needs to recommend best solutions.
· 70% required travel. Primary area of responsibility western and southwestern United States.
· Excellent presentation skills at all levels of a customer organization
· A Self-starter with a strong desire for personal technical development
· Proven ability to develop rapport with customers.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel and Point
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Preferred major in smart instrumentation, mechanical, electrical or engineering.
· Working knowledge of fieldbus structures including HART, Profibus, Modbus, Foundation Fieldbus and Industrial Ethernet
· Understanding of DCS and smart instrument systems and solutions.
· Ideally located within an hour of a major airport.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.