Be a part of a team who is leading the way with electrification of on and off-road commercial vehicles across a wide range of size classes and applications in Public Transit & Commercial Trucks in over 15 countries at every stage of the lifecycle from sales to service.
At Siemens, we live and champion an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
We create sustainable value for our customers based on proven, reliable technology know-how that has been complied in more than 100 years of Siemens traction experience. Customer service along the product life cycle completes our portfolio.Position Overview:
In this role you will be responsible for supporting the installed base of Siemens ELFA propulsion drive systems in Hybrid, Battery and Fuel Cell Bus & Truck applications and launch of Siemens Next Generation Propulsion system.
Our portfolio of solutions includes AC drives, permanent magnet Motors, auxiliary inverters, distribution panel/boxes, high voltage and low voltage wiring systems.
The Senior Field Service Technician will support resolution of technical issues within the Commercial Vehicles product portfolio through remote and on-site support activities. Un this role you will have field travel, domestic and international, to support our installed base of Siemens ELFA propulsion drive systems.
Successful candidate must have a track record of field service in Buses, Trucks or Automotive.Responsibilities:
- Provide expert customer support and troubleshooting via telephone, email, remote access software and site visits as required
- Field commissioning of Siemens AC drive systems as required
- Conduct site audits as required to analyze drive system condition
- Assist end users with drive system availability improvement programs
- Deliver AC drive system training classes in Siemens’ office and customer locations
- Update customer training material as required
- Prepare field service bulletins as required
- Technical support for Order Management team with part clarification questions as required
- Support drive system retrofit opportunities as technical lead for Commercial Vehicles
- Support Commercial Vehicles development projects and engineering teams as required
- Support scheduled customer conference calls and web meetings as required
- Regular collaboration with other Siemens Org Units and regional companies as required
- Bachelor's degree in Power Electronics, Electrical Engineering, or related electrical trade certifications
- A minimum 10 years of field experience in supporting AC drive systems in the commercial vehicle or automotive industry
- Ideal candidates will have validated understanding of Siemens ELFA drive systems for the Bus or Truck industry including:
- IGBT and ELFA drive technologies
- CAN Control Structure i.e. J1939
- DICO control unit (functionality and software logic)
- PLC and HMI interfaces with AC drive systems
- SIADIS Expert
- PCAN Explorer
- Matlab Simulink
- Battery Electric Vehicle knowledge a plus
- Ability to interpret component specifications, assembly drawings, and electrical schematics
- Microsoft Office Suite, Team Center, Team Viewer, SAP, SharePoint
- Communication skills verbal & writing
- Be able to discuss confrontational issues (ex. claims, delays, etc.) with customers
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Travel approximately 25-50% as the need arises for projects.
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- SIEMENS and non-SIEMENS power train experience
- Proven understanding of physics, mechanical and digital disciplines (automation, networks, software systems, etc.)
- Manufacturing background a plus
- Experience in Electrical Engineering projects, specifically in the areas of power distribution and Vehicle charging Infrastructure
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.