Rail systems must do one thing above all: run. With modern maintenance solutions – from diagnostics to data-based action recommendations, from quick delivery of replacement parts to strategically planned modernization – we ensure your systems' highest reliability and availability: 100% Railability. For us, good service means that we are there for our partners and customers when they need us – and even beyond. That is because we define ourselves by what we do. Every day, every hour, every minute. We help our customers move the world.
We seek to hire several Train Service Technicians to (or Qualified Maintenance Person) inspect, maintain, and repair trains. You will mainly be responsible for making repairs to post-accident locomotives and train coaches. The shift will vary but can include dayshift or night shift, weekdays or weekends, and working holidays as needed. The work is located in West Palm Beach, FL, potentially relocating to Orlando, FL, in the future.Responsibilities:
- Perform day to day running maintenance and unscheduled repair to a fleet of locomotives, coaches, and train sets via maintenance instructions from Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Follow all maintenance instructions (wherever available) to enforce to and maintain compliance and high-quality standards
- Responsible for keeping workstation and work areas clean and free of debris at all times
- Willing to perform all other functions as needed, including forklift operation, daily cleaning operations, and other as needed
- Develop a working relationship with the Customer as an employee and representative of Siemens Mobility
- Verify that all defects, tasks, and incidents have been reported and detailed in (CMMS) for compliance, issue tracking, and closure
- Provide body/welding/paint repair to locomotives, coaches, and train sets
- Maintain compliance to all Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) related safety rules, laws, and regulations
- Collaborate with the leadership as needed on all site issues, systems, and related facility operations
Required experience: 3-5 years of working experience with a railroad or other technical agency
Detailed knowledge of technical aspects of the rolling stock/depotPreferred Aptitudes:
- Experience with FRA relations
- Experience with engine, electrical, and HVAC systems
- Experience with auto body or upholstery/seat repair
- Experience with welding, including certifications
- Quality Certifications
Why you'll love working at Siemens!
- Competitive compensation based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription, and vision coverage, the first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Flexible paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs are available
- Paid parental leave
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted a medical or religious exemption.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.