Do you want to help transform the way people travel? At Siemens Yunex our aim is to improve the quality of life and shape the mobility world for the next generation.
Join us here at Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems as a Maintenance Engineer in Swanwick. You will be responsible for all maintenance and inspection of traffic signals assets, ancillary equipment and new installation and modification work to existing highways infrastructure including electrical testing and pre-commissioning activities.
We are looking for someone with electrical aptitude and an understanding of importance of health and safety at work. Traffic industry background isn’t essential as we will provide you with sector training accreditation.
At Siemens, we are passionate about learning and development. Join us and we will provide you with opportunities to grow and progress within your role.
What are your responsibilities
- Maintain and install traffic signals including the installation and wiring of controllers, ancillary equipment and highways systems unsupervised or as part of a team
- Complete electrical tests, periodic inspections with electrical testing and pre-commissioning activities
- Accurately collect and process data to enable fault free analysis of equipment performance
- Analyse data to assess performance of equipment within contractual requirements, ensuring correct storage of information once process complete
- Be available for any emergency repairs and out of hours working to support service and contract requirements
- Complete mandatory NHSS (National Highways Sector Scheme) training requirements
- Be aware of safety at work and be alert in identifying potential hazards by removing or minimizing them wherever possible by following all Health and Safety Procedures
The Maintenance Engineer (You)
Your great technical skills coupled with your self-motivation, flexibility and adaptability to a continuously changing business environment will be key to this role. You will move from one activity or work area to another quickly and effectively, learning new activities, picking up new jobs confidently and easily.
- Someone with electrical engineering qualification or equivalent experience in installation, maintenance and testing of electrical equipment
- Someone who is co-operative, helpful and willing to use their own initiative
- Someone who is willing to change and adapt, learn new activities, pick up new jobs confidently and easily
- Someone with good attention to detail, reliable with a can-do attitude and has the ability and confidence to work with various devices, including a tablet, on a daily basis
- Someone who can work on their own or as part of a team, work well with other people, communicate effectively within the team
- Willingness to work outside and work at heights
Preferred, but not essential:
- Experience of working on traffic signal equipment
In this field service role, you will drive a company vehicle therefore you will have a driving licence and be based within commutable distance from the West Midlands (Warwickshire and Coventry) area.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time