IT Site Manager
SMO DT IT AM has an exciting opportunity for an IT Site Manager at Siemens Mobility's Sacramento, California manufacturing facility. If you are a technical expert in various IT areas, thrive under pressure, enjoy solving problems, love working your way through challenges, and get bored with mundane IT tasks, then this role is for you. The IT Site manager is a unique role on the front lines of one of Siemens’ largest manufacturing facilities in the US. Siemens Mobility's Sacramento, California manufacturing facility serves as the North American Rail Manufacturing Hub and Headquarters for Rolling Stock. The rail plant boasts full manufacturing capabilities, including design, engineering, testing, car shell, bogies, subassembly, and final assembly, with all aspects of the manufacturing process taking place at one facility. The plant produces locomotives, coaches, high speed rail, commuter light-rail cars, and bogies for customers across North America.Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
- Be the single-point-of-contact for all IT activity at the site
- Provide technical support across network, server, mobile device, and digital workplace platforms
- Support identification of business process improvements, implementation of best practices and full utilization of technology system capabilities
- Interact with stakeholders and technical resources to design, implement and maintain systems and solutions for workplace, network, and applications
- Keep apprised of new technology relevant to warehouse and manufacturing industry
- Advise the business and stakeholders with the information about new and existing IT services
- Support efficient software and hardware lifecycle management by the business
- Act as counterpart for the Siemens Mobility Cybersecurity Team (SMO DT CYS) in case of incidents and vulnerability remediation
- Facilitate business specific training on IT related topics in coordination with SMO DT IT and Siemens IT for new MS Office 365 and other collaboration tools
- Lead Business IT demand and service request management and coordination
- Monitor and report on Incident resolution and ensure service provider adherence to agreed SLAs
- Identify and drive efforts to optimize the infrastructure and application footprint
- Maintain accurate site-specific records detailing IT assets, network diagram, IT vendor, IT supplier, IT contractor and disaster recovery plan
- Support Warehouse Technology footprint (RF Guns, mobile printers, etc.)
- Collaborate across various disciplines across Siemens IT groups, SMO IT global teams (Product Lines, etc.) and MO IT Americas team
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar team function
- Language: English
- Location: Sacramento, CA, or immediate vicinity
- Education: Bachelor of Science in IT or proven experience for this job profile
- Sound knowledge of MS365 and related products is a must
- Ability to work flexible hours, weekends when needed
- Self-motivated / entrepreneurial mindset / customer focus
- Enjoys problem solving
- Must be capable of setting priorities and working under pressure
- Must be able to multi-task and always be thinking two steps ahead
- Team player
- Quick learner with excellent data collection and analysis skills
- Curiosity of further expanding knowledge and understanding of technology
- Good understanding of manufacturing & warehousing business processes
- Ability to network between major stakeholders: Business, SMO IT, Siemens IT, Supplier, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.