Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future? So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to university for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll gain a degree whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a digital pioneer like Siemens.
Here at Siemens, we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground-breaking software and ingenious inventions.
Siemens Mobility Limited supplies railway markets the world over with solutions and turnkey installations for rolling stock, railway automation and telecommunication. Our customers are train operating companies, infrastructure operators and mainline railways all round the world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities. Our products and systems are used for automating our customers' operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation and mobility in general.
An exciting opportunity for a 2-year degree apprenticeship with the Siemens Mobility Education & Skills Team in Northampton is currently available. Not sure whether to go to university or take a degree apprenticeship? Click here
to listen to one of our recruiters and her mum talk about the difference between the two routes.
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey.
As a degree apprentice, you will support the department through varied challenges and opportunities, gaining valuable experience in areas including:
- Working with our partners at the National Training Academy for Rail (NTAR) to facilitate our high-quality learning provision and programmes
- Assist with account management of our customer base via NTAR for the rail industry
- Supporting the development of apprenticeship curriculum and syllabus
- Assist with the various events required for an OFSTED regulated educational training provider including induction and celebration events
- Supporting programme and learner management as well as updating, maintaining, and reporting on all learner data
- Supporting the team in carrying out monitoring reviews of learners and communication on programme progression to learners and other stakeholders
- Co-ordinating programme training and assessment as well as project management tasks.
- Carrying out research, sourcing external suppliers as directed
- Recording of standardisation meetings
- Providing suitable and cost-effective solutions
- Assisting with social media queries relating to NTAR events / activities as well as managing customer meetings, record actions, and follow through
- Maintaining KPIs of account and apprentice performance and conducting DAMEX checks for new external NTAR learners
Take part in our Siemens Degree Apprentice Programme where you will be provided with the opportunity to develop your skills through training modules and day to day work within the team. You will gain an understanding of the specific business unit including its goals, vision, services, departments customers and supply chain. This opportunity allows you to take ownership for allocated tasks and projects and complete them to the best of your ability and demonstrate your learning, recommendations, and your progress - giving you an opportunity to develop your profile in the business.
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- You will be working towards or achieved three A-Level in areas that support L&D which we think could be any! Ideally areas like sciences, engineering, maths, art, English, etc.
- You will be flexible and adaptable in your approach, have excellent communication skills and the ability to contribute positively to a team environment.
- Confident in making decisions, using your own initiative, and taking responsibility for tasks and projects to which you are assigned.
- Able to manage your time effectively and respond to change in a positive manner.
- Possess good analytical skills.
- You will have the energy and drive to succeed, be committed to excellence and be innovative in your thinking as well as experience and knowledge of safeguarding.
- Numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and information and produce it in a clear and logical format
- Computer literate with well-developed skills in MS Office applications with knowledge, training or experience in engineering, ICT or business studies
What else do I need to know?
This role is based in Northampton but from time to time you may need to be flexible regarding travel.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will have met the eligibility requirements to apply for Associate Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of education and Learning and Development. Think this is you? Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.