Siemens EDA is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design.Position Overview
The Application Engineer is a customer-facing position that helps drive Siemens EDA analog/mixed-signal circuit simulation technologies.
This position combines technical depth in circuit design, verification, and applications knowledge (e.g., transceivers, RFIC, high-speed I/O, and signal conditioning).
You will handle multiple customer engagements concurrently and must be very effective at customer relationships. This customer interface is not only at the engineering level, but first or second level management, as well. Aligning with Account Managers to exceed quota, as they proactively handle customer accounts to success.Responsibilities
As an Application Engineer for AMS, you work with account teams to drive adoption of Siemens EDA AMS software.
You'll complete both pre-sale and post-sale technical support activities including assessment of how company products meet customer needs and the preparation of product specifications for development and installation of customized applications/solutions.
Illustrate the value Siemens EDA brings to customers by assisting them in their evaluations of our Analog Mixed Signal family of software; developing and delivering software demonstrations and technical presentations; performing benchmark evaluations for customers.
- Provide on-site support when issues arise with client’s use of Mentor Graphics Analog Mixed Signal products.
- Work closely with area sales management, account teams and customers to understand business opportunities.
- Drive business for Siemens EDA, using technical expertise and working directly with customers as a part of sales team at the appropriate management level to establish criteria for successful engagements.
- Assist technical teams, including the factory, to establish value for Mentor Graphics products and differentiate from the competition.
- Contribute towards the area technical sales plan with management and communicate frequently with peers and management on progress and account status.
- Provide pre-sale technical support in sales presentations and product demonstrations.
- BS degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or related field is required.
- Validated analog or mixed-signal design engineering experience
- Broad understanding of Analog Design methodologies and flows including the different types of analysis solutions for analog design.
- Proven ability to map simulator capabilities to application-specific requirements
- Track record of outstanding customer relationships
- Experience with IC schematic and layout tools, such as Mentor Graphics® Pyxis® or Cadence® Virtuoso®
- Experience with analog simulators such as Spectre, HSPICE, Mentor Graphics® Eldo & AFS and mixed-signal circuit simulation tools, such as Cadence® AMS Designer®
- Working familiarity of Unix and Linux OS, and previous experience with scripting or C programming required
A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software AB
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time