Are you a forward-thinking and cool-headed undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality (VR & AR). Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future in Immersive Technology? So do we. We believe our graduate programme differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey... If yes start your career with us at Siemens!
This is a rare opportunity to earn whilst showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
Begin your graduate journey with us whilst taking part in our fantastic graduate development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you to develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it you will be set up with the best knowledge to equip you for your professional career within Siemens.
This role will support Siemens Mobility Education and Skills Training function. Reporting to the Future Portfolio Head and working closely with the Education and Skills Leadership Team, you will be gaining skills to develop mixed technology and product related training, with great influence in the transformation of the railway and delivering benefits to passengers through the introduction of digital technologies in support of training and education.
This creative and technical role would be well suited to someone with a specific interest in areas including virtual and augmented technology or digital reality platforms - with experience of such areas either in or out of study. You will have the opportunity to learn and gain an in-depth knowledge of assigned projects. This role has potential for future line management and progression.
· Opportunity to apply your skills in C# and Unity and working with the very latest in VR & AR and AI technology
· Working with external industry experts to develop internal capability and specialist skills to develop the technology.
· Develop creative digital Immersive content for both internal and external clients and projects
· Act as a technical strategist for development of immersive technologies within the business
· Responsible for developing high quality, creative audio-visual content that promotes Siemens Mobility
· Develop digital content that conforms to Siemens and external client brand guidelines
· Technically understanding customer requirements, digital strategy and then ensuring that solutions are designed and implemented in a methodical manner under the supervision of a training function lead
· Ensure products or projects are delivered in accordance with Siemens safety and quality/testing procedures and meet all applicable legislation and project requirements.
· Ensure training content reflects appropriate understanding of barriers to learning and that accessibility and inclusion requirements are incorporated
· Identify with and embed our values of Zero Harm and align to our business culture and behaviours
We are looking for forward-thinking graduate, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
· Strong knowledge of Immersive Technologies/VR
· Experience of coding in C# or Python, Java & Unity
· Logical thinking, willing to self-learn, research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
· Have a good understanding Media Render Systems
· Have knowledge and skills in areas such as artificial intelligence (AI), augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), computer graphics or computer science
· Ability to work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and be looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
· Flexible with excellent communication and methodological skills
· You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions and you have excellent time management and organisation skills
The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s (or Masters) degree in Architecture, Design, Art, Computer Science, Media Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline from a recognized and approved program.
Please note, some travel to have regular face to face meetings will be required.
What else do I need to know?
You will need to go where this journey takes you. Alongside your role, the graduate development programme www.siemens.co.uk/grads will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for forward-thinking team players with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of railway engineering. Join us and apply now.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £28,000 per annum, plus an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time