At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Senior Software Engineer – Real Time Operating System / HypervisorRole :
- Work with Real-Time Operating System and Hypervisor groups in Siemens Embedded.
- Responsible for designing, developing, debugging, and supporting multicore / multi-OS embedded software on homogeneous / heterogeneous processors.
- Design and develop in C and C++ using the best C/C++ programming practices, with an understanding of code reviews and build / test infrastructures.
- Work with variety of embedded processor architectures including focus on Arm, RISC-V and Intel.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) or foreign equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field and five (5) years or more of experience in a related occupation (or 3+ years with a Masters).
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemptionPosition requires academic or industry experience in:
- C / C++ language and Computer Architecture
- Assembly language in one (1) or more of the following instruction sets: Arm, RISC-V or Intel
- Real-time Operating System Concepts and porting methods
- Linux kernel concepts including drivers / loadable modules, device trees, configuration, building, and patching (Yocto, etc)
- Unsupervised AMP and SMP software architectures
- Arm / RISC-V / Intel architecture and hardware virtualization support (TrustZone, etc)
- Virtio and related virtualization technologies
- System integration and debugging (JTAG, profiler, etc)
- Revision control / automated build and test experience (git, makefiles, Jenkins, etc)
OTHERS: US citizen with a security clearance or capable of obtaining a security clearanceFull time; remote work option available
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.