At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
The Product Manager - Materials Engineering will report directly to the Director of Product Management - Materials Engineering and assist in the product management and the go-to-market of the Simcenter 3D Materials Engineering suite, under the STS division of Siemens DI SW.
Under this position, the product manager will have the opportunity to utilize his/her background in product management at full scope, from product concept, to product development and go-to-market activities, including competitive landscape and product positioning. This position requires significant technical expertise in the field of Materials Engineering and Finite Element analysis.
The Product Manager role is a very exciting opportunity which includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Product Strategy: The product manager will contribute to the planning and realization of the Simcenter 3D Materials Engineering product line. Our product strategy requires a deep understanding of user insights and the development of a coherent roadmap focused on high-value problems for our customers.
- Business development in dedicated accounts: The Product Manager will be responsible for promoting the usage of Simcenter 3D at a number of accounts within the dedicated market segments (e.g. material suppliers).
- Translating existing technical features of the product into clear, verifiable customer benefits will be a core task to carry forward as product manager.
- Engage in the full product lifecycle: The Product Manager will identify and drive the development of successful applications which can drive the growth of a differentiating product over time by providing a significant business value to customers.
- Product Creation Process: He/she will also support the execution of the Product Creation Process: defining and writing software requirement documents and bringing the product to market as a fully released product. The latter includes milestone testing, making sure all the marketing collaterals are available on-time and on-quality and that early visibility customers are identified, early visibility tests are executed and customer quotes are collected. He/she will also be involved in the support of the corporate marketing programs.
- Product Marketing and Launch: He/she will help defining and supporting the segment marketing programs as well as the launch of every major product release.
- Provide training: Sales enablements, new hires trainings, commercial trainings to the application engineers in the field are carried out on a regular basis in Leuven or in the field.
- Engagement with key customers: He/she will be in direct contact with key customers to receive constant feedback about released products and to understand remaining challenges to be solved as well as assess its potential market opportunity inside and outside the key customer accounts.
- Commercial success: the ultimate objective is to achieve tangible commercial success and apparent and significant increased revenue of Simcenter 3D Materials Engineering product line, resulting from the planned go-to-market and business development activities.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Educational Level: University level degree in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Materials, etc).
- Technical/industry experience: 3-5 years of experience in materials engineering and FEA technology.
- Personal skills and competencies: strong communication skills, capable to enthusiasm a sales force, analytical thinking, team player, English proficiency, high customer focus, eager to travel and to learn constantly. Ability to create compelling marketing/sales programs related material. Strong will to listen to and solve customer problems.
- Specific technical competencies: Materials Engineering, experience with leading FEA software such as NASTRAN, ANSYS, ABAQUS.
- Strong go-to-market and commercial skills with proven track record
- Work site options: office or hybrid
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Graduate (MSc or PhD) level education is preferred.
- Preferred locations: United States or Belgium
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Industry Software Inc. requires US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.