Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents. Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Siemens Qatar is hiring a Technical Manager to be in charge for the Management of the personnel working within the maintenance rolling stock and depot workshop equipment sections.
What are my responsibilities?
- Manage and lead a group of maintenance supervisors and technicians.
- Ensure maintenance schedule for rolling stock and depot workshop equipment is followed as per the manufacturer’s requirements.
- Responsible for the technical correct condition and the timely availability of the Rolling Stock and Depot Workshop Equipment.
- Develop all necessary documentation (procedures, sequence plans, operating procedures, and work instructions) based on Maintenance Manuals for preventive and corrective activities.
- Prepare Job Safety Analysis, Hazard Analysis and implement safety measurements for work procedures.
- Liaise between the various maintenance and operation departments to manage preventive & corrective maintenance tasks.
- Ensure all technical specifications are compliant with Service Level Agreements (SLA´s).
- Manage team performance and development involving recommended training courses.
- Responsible for quality of project deliverables.
- Provide onsite technical assistance in the field of responsibility.
- Responsible for planning of activities in a look ahead schedule for preventive and corrective activities.
- Assess the Rolling Stock and Depot workshop equipment maintenance team according to Competence Management System (CMS).
- Check and follow up of inspection results and deciding on appropriate actions.
- Analyze of the maintenance history for the related equipment and facilities.
- Responsible for the availability of suitable manpower, adequate tools and materials in events of
- Preventive and corrective maintenance including of repairs of the systems covered by the maintenance section in accordance with the instructions given by the superior personnel.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Degree or equivalent qualification as Electrical Engineer / Technician from reputable college or technical Institute.
- Fluent English.
- Experience in the field of Maintenance Rolling Stock.
- Extensive technical experience in fault finding and repair of Rolling Stock.
- Extensive professional experience in Public Transportation and Railway Systems.
- Several years of work experience as team member in international projects.
- Profound experience in Rolling Stock e.g. Brake Systems, Propulsion and Traction Power System, Bogie Inspection, HVAC Systems
- Must be able to read and understand circuit diagrams.
- Rolling Stock Commissioning Experience would be an advantage.
- Experience in maintaining Depot Workshop Equipment e.g. lifting jacks, cranes, under floor wheel late.
- Has a good understanding of analytical and investigative principles and procedures.
- Knowledgeable about the use of CMMS Software, e.g. MAXIMO.
- Very good physical condition rounded by an extensive site work experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent management and team-building skills.
- Ability to analyze, understand and effectively communicate between technical requirements and implementation.
- Problem-solving, negotiation and decision-making skills to influence management, as well as internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities; effective in matrix management and team building
- Works well with others in an integrated team environment.
- Technical team leadership experience
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens W.L.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time