Siemens is one of the world’s leading suppliers of innovative and environmentally friendly products and solutions for industrial customers. As the world’s only integrated Technology Company spanning the entire energy conversion chain, Siemens works across all business and technology interfaces with an integrated portfolio of products, solutions, and services. Our breadth of offerings from power generation, transmission, and distribution, along with our proven expertise, allows us to provide end-to-end energy solutions to meet the growing needs of the local market.
We currently have an opportunity for a highly motivated Project Engineer to join the team. Based in Bayswater or Macquarie Park, the role of Project Engineer offers an exciting opportunity to join an established delivery team. Depending upon experience, your role will entail the design and engineering of medium and low voltage systems and packaged solutions (including MV GIS & AIS switchgears, LV switchgears and busways, transformer kiosk substations and outdoor switchgears, eHouses) within a range of markets, including utilities, renewables, mining, infrastructure, data centres.
· Design and engineer systems down to detail to satisfy the specified requirements of the customer, relevant Standard and Regulations
· Interfaces across different BU’s and teams to develop detailed solutions for the integration to ensure the interaction of the individual elements as a functioning unit
· Responsible for the realization of the system with the required functionality, prepares and/or review and maintains the design documentation
· Clarifies specification and customers’ requirements, with support of specialist resources and support function
· Monitors compliance to customer requirements and identifies and documents change and derogations
· Defines the products, components, and systems to be used and their concrete characteristics
· Configures the components and subsystems used according to the specified requirements of customer, relevant Standard and Regulations
· Maintains configuration and revision controls, and traceability
· Develop and/or administer quality, test & inspection records and/or participate in test and inspections to ensure traceable delivery of required functionality
· Administer or coordinate interaction with the different units (e.g. tendering, manufacturing, procurement, logistics)
· Ensure customers technical requirements are achieved in a manner having due consideration to:
· Standardisation & consistency - including customer and/or market specific customisations
· Value engineering - including recommending eliminating waste and non-value-add features
· Cost effective engineering - return on investment / effort (productivity)
· Execution risk - consideration of time, cost, quality, safety risks
· Operational hazards - identification, minimisation & awareness for end users
· Interfaces & integration - especially across domains and teams
The successful candidate will be a tertiary qualified in engineering (electrical) or equivalent experience. Have a detailed knowledge of Siemens MV and / or LV switchgear design, construction & testing standards & principles, and proven experience with coordinating interface & integration design with other trades & end users. A good working knowledge of System Engineering principles, requirements implementation & verification, Primary & Secondary distribution substation design principles & standards, AS3000 application and divergence from IEC standards, protection, control & monitoring requirements advantageous.
A formal professional certification such as RPEQ, CPEng or similar is advantageous.
If you are an electrical engineer looking for a new challenge with a global technology leader, then this role is a great opportunity.
In return, Siemens offer a rewarding team environment, a commitment to your ongoing learning and development, and an attractive salary package.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time