Siemens Digital Industries Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
The promise of a digital future…today. With the digital twin, Siemens Digital Industries Software blurs the boundaries between the virtual and physical, hardware and software, design and manufacturing worlds. For more information about us visit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mVLaUyO4UWhat we’re looking For
Would you like to be involved in ground-breaking CFD technology whilst working with a wide variety of applications? As part of our continued growth, we are seeking a highly motivated Application Engineer to join our Simcenter Customer Support organisation, to provide technical advice in all aspects of engineering analysis to our clients using Simcenter STAR-CCM+ across a wide range of industry sectors.
This position is an opportunity to be at the forefront of companies’ innovative usage of simulation in industrial and research environments. You will be operating in various sectors, such as Aerospace, Energy, Automotive and Marine, in application areas such as aerodynamics, thermal cooling, fluid structure interaction, combustion and multiphase flows.What you’ll be doing
- The Application Engineer is encouraged to work closely with current and potential customers to understand their engineering workflow and processes and propose solution methodologies and best ways of working to help them meet their objectives.
- Using all aspects of CFD: CAD handling, meshing, solving, complex physics modelling, post-processing, coupling to other codes
- Following and using the new modelling techniques and features introduced in each release of Simcenter STAR-CCM+ (there are 3 per year), finding new application areas and creating new simulation examples
- Conducting training courses, product demonstrations and customised mentoring covering a broad range of applications
- Interacting with customers remotely or at their offices, to get a deep understanding of their challenges & assist them with their projects;
- Crafting engineering solutions to fix or improve the customers’ CAE workflow and results - in performance, accuracy and adaptability;
- Encouraging and enabling the use of automated design space exploration and optimisation;
- A good first degree in engineering, mathematics or sciences
- MSc / PhD in fluid mechanics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Proficiency in a Nordic language is an advantage
- Excellent problem solving & organisational skills
- Knowledge in the following will be advantageous:
- Simcenter STAR-CCM+ or other commercial / open source CFD codes
- FEA tools such as Simcenter 3D or equivalent commercial / open source codes
- 1D System Simulation tools such as Simcenter Amesim or equivalent commercial / open source codes
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We have some of the smartest minds working across the world, re-imagining the future and doing extraordinary things. Join our Talent Community today and let's stay connected in areas that interest you: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/jobs/digital-minds.htmlSiemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software AB
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time