Technology driven, problem solvers
Customers around the world trust in our products. Our service technicians and engineers significantly contribute to that. You are the first on the scene to solve any technical problem. You are a trusted adviser, team player, and make things possible. “Unsolvable” is a foreign term, and you go the distance. Your focus on the customers’ needs makes you an invaluable partner. When you join our team, the possibilities are endless.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
- Performs preventive maintenance and diagnostics on systems and components according to the service level agreement
- Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation
- Diagnoses trouble or defects, determines corrective action and repairs system; discusses and documents problem with customer and or office and advises of the best course of action
- Completes upgrades adjustments and instrument calibration on systems and components following issued instructions
- Responds to customer emergency service calls on-site or remotely checks indicated points of trouble.
- Analyses the requirements of systems involved, checks and test systems components
- Works with other employees’ companies or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing to resolve problems
- Through detailed service reports, documents the work executed, issues resolved etc.
- Work as a trusted advisor for the customer
- Advises Account Engineer on equipment required and time estimation for replacement parts following service visits
- Work with the sales representative and service account engineer to identify additional opportunities, including time and material, system extensions, upgrades and service contract expansions
- Proceeds with new work as per issued guidelines
- Participates in service turnover on assigned jobs
What will you need to succeed?
- Requires college technical degree or equivalent combination of education and related practical experience in building mechanics, instrumentation Engineering and Technology, Control Technician Apprenticeship and control or related area.
- Minimum of 5 years of technical experience in the building automation
- Good knowledge of Building Automation systems and relevant standards (Siemens systems a strong asset)
- Know and understand how to trouble shoot at least one secondary control system (I.e. JCI, Distech, Honeywell, ESC, Schneider Electric)
- Understanding of the Building Code as it pertains to Automation
- Good knowledge of English both written and spoken
- An understanding of Building Automation systems and relevant standards
- Proven diagnostic skills - able to systematically identify and resolve technical problems
- Self-motivated and calm under pressure
- Experience in delivering high quality customer service to a broad range of customers
- Drivers license is essential
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.