Siemens is looking for a Lead power engineer to join their team in Derby. Job purpose to engineer new solutions or modify existing power distribution systems at 650/415 & 110 volts in support of the safe implementation of railway signalling projects as directed by the Project Engineering Manager.
- Undertake works package management duties for a number of Railway signalling projects.
- Report on on-site progress and ensure installation is in accordance with the approved designs and also meets client remit.
- Undertake independent review of other projects within the business to access progress and support project team in delivering scope work.
- Ensure that the design, construction and testing targets are met and effectiveremedial action on power distribution systems as instructed by the Project Engineering Manager.
- Ensure that the technical and safety standards are maintained in all aspects of power distribution system design, installation and testing work in order that successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
- Assist in the preparation of contract specifications for power distribution systems for signalling projects to obtain the best available deal for the Company.
- Perform duties as directed by the Senior Power Engineer from time to time.
- Ensure the design, construction and testing targets are met to ensure successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
- Provide leadership/mentorship to local Engineering team.
- Assist project teams with the delivery of power distribution systems at 650/400V and 110V for the safe implementation of signalling systems.
- Preparation of contract specifications for power distribution systems.
- Provide training and briefings to signalling staff.
- Undertake Contractors responsible Engineer (CRE) for Network Rail projects.
- Able to assist in the following:
- Preparation of estimation and tendering documents.
- Preparation of Project technical and purchase specifications.
- Analysis of customer requirements.
- Attending client interviews.
The following items are essential areas;
- Knowledge of electrical power engineering principles,
- Understanding of the principles relating to the statutory binding Electricity at Work Regulations,
- Experience of Low Voltage distribution systems (design, installation and testing practices),
- Experience of designing power distribution systems to BS7671 “Requirements for electrical installations – IEE Wiring Regulation”.
- PC skills.
- Good communications and time management skills.
- Understanding of traditional 650V IT systems for signalling power supplies.
- Understanding of redundant backup power supply systems.
- Working knowledge of Network Rail and British/European Standards.
- Experience of Factory acceptance testing and Site acceptance testing of electrical systems.
- Previous experience as CRE on Network Rail projects or under mentorship.
- Full UK Driving licence.
- Chartered Engineer or demonstration of progress towards Chartered Engineer status.
- Qualified to inspect and test electrical installations in accordance with City and Guilds 2394/2395.
- Knowledge of LUL Standards
- Familiarity with supervision, control and monitoring systems, e.g. SCADA, as used with power systems.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time